Would love to see some stats post game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
txrocketman

Would love to see some stats post game

Post by txrocketman »

For airports departures, connections, arrivals, average wait time (turns)
For individual planes: passengers boarded, segments flown, passengers delivered, total dollars earned, weather effects, VIPs
For upgrades: dollars spent (total); dollars on permanent; dollars on temporary; overspend (lost)
quietmint

Re: Would love to see some stats post game

Post by quietmint »

You do know that many of the stats you're asking about (and others) already exist? In fact I think everything you mention is here (for VIPs I just give the number of VIPs during each phase as a table-level stat but it's not visible in the screenshot below because you didn't play with VIPs in your most recent game).

https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=465304504

quietmint

Post by quietmint »

Version 240225-1505 adds an airport-style departure board, listing all flights completed during the game.

Last edited by quietmint on 25 February 2024, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
Suny1987

Post by Suny1987 »

I love it 😍😍😍😍🥰 Thanks Quietmint 😊
AVTactics

Post by AVTactics »

One question: what can I do with these stats? What can I understand?
quietmint

Post by quietmint »

It's mostly graphical/thematic. Each row here is a flight leg from the game. The alliance logo matches the player who made that flight. The flight number and the time are fake but increasing from beginning of game to end, reflecting the relative order these flights occurred. The status reflects whether that flight leg took less, the same, or more moves than expected (e.g., tailwind vs storm or backtracking).

You could "understand" or visualize whether one player particularly benefited/suffered from the weather, or about the distribution of airport visits (e.g., did everyone repeatedly exchange in Denver). It's similar to the existing numeric stats about weather movements, airport visits, etc. but presented individually instead of aggregated into one number.
shermanator822

Post by shermanator822 »

Mint, that board is beautiful. I don't like very much the "delayed" and "early" indicators being used for weather conditions. If we spent the whole game without any passengers getting to red anger, it is jarring to see red on the board at the end due to storms.

Return to “Now Boarding”