Winning with less that 40 points without filling the level 12 automatic winning card

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
tubiroman

Winning with less that 40 points without filling the level 12 automatic winning card

Post by tubiroman »

Hi !

I am currently confused on how the game has ended. I was playing a 2-player game. My opponent was the first player and he reached 40 points to trigger the end of the game after I played my turn. So, once it was my turn, I had a cube on the card that remove -3pts to my opponent so I used it. My opponent's points was now at 37 so, less than 40 pts. I was at 28 pts and the game ended this way... even if my opponent was now less than 40 pts. I played more than 1500 games, and it happened for the first time. I've been already in that situation but I remember that, once the opponent was at less than 40 points after taking the -3pts card ability, it gave us other rounds until someone reached 40pts or more and stayed at it at the end of the game.

My opponent didn't have the level 12 card to win automaticaly once it is filled.

here is my table #: https://boardgamearena.com/gamereview?table=482265526

Did I miss something ?
CappaCappa

Re: Winning with less that 40 points without filling the level 12 automatic winning card

Post by CappaCappa »

tubiroman wrote: 02 March 2024, 19:20 Hi !

I am currently confused on how the game has ended. I was playing a 2-player game. My opponent was the first player and he reached 40 points to trigger the end of the game after I played my turn. So, once it was my turn, I had a cube on the card that remove -3pts to my opponent so I used it. My opponent's points was now at 37 so, less than 40 pts. I was at 28 pts and the game ended this way... even if my opponent was now less than 40 pts. I played more than 1500 games, and it happened for the first time. I've been already in that situation but I remember that, once the opponent was at less than 40 points after taking the -3pts card ability, it gave us other rounds until someone reached 40pts or more and stayed at it at the end of the game.

My opponent didn't have the level 12 card to win automaticaly once it is filled.

Did I miss something ?
If someone goes over 40 and then they lose points to the gordon card(which is the case here) the game still ends.

The end of the game is triggered at 40 points regardless if they then go below it
tubiroman

Re: Winning with less that 40 points without filling the level 12 automatic winning card

Post by tubiroman »

CappaCappa wrote: 03 March 2024, 07:55

Did I miss something ?
If someone goes over 40 and then they lose points to the gordon card(which is the case here) the game still ends.

The end of the game is triggered at 40 points regardless if they then go below it
Thank you :)
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

tubiroman wrote: 02 March 2024, 19:20I've been already in that situation but I remember that, once the opponent was at less than 40 points after taking the -3pts card ability, it gave us other rounds until someone reached 40pts or more and stayed at it at the end of the game.
I thought I remembered seeing that before as well because I was the person who'd reached 40, but I'd have to hunt through 100s of games to find where it happened. But there is a thread about this on BGG that says there used to be a bug on BGA that the game would continue if you dropped back below 40. I looked through the bug reports to find when it was fixed: 2022-11-23.
greenjacket124

Post by greenjacket124 »

Did I miss something ?
What happened in your game is correct per the rules. Once the end game is triggered, that will be the last round unless there is a tie for 1st at the end of the round.

Return to “Space Base”