Another tie-breaker question...

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Marathir

Re: Another tie-breaker question...

Post by Marathir »

So it seems like that is indeed the case.
The one more fair solution I can think of is choosing the Swiss system or circle system (I'm not sure how it's called in English) - matches are still open to this exploit but there are more matches and you are not immediately eliminated from the tournament.

But still, it's a pity that this problem is not being worked on..
Amberstar7

Post by Amberstar7 »

In a player elimination tournament the tie breaker is also account creation date, right?

It just happened to me for the second time that I dropped out of a "2 out of 4" tournament because the first 3 players were tied. It seems quite unfair to me, I would at least have expected a random selection. I will now avoid these tournaments, especially in a game where ties are common.
BoosPeople

Post by BoosPeople »

anniegee wrote: 09 March 2023, 16:37 I contacted BGA - their answer:

"There is no tie breaker, and the tournament system has to select winners - so it's a random selection."

They were very prompt in their response, but it was still very disappointing to learn.

I've created a bug report to address this, please vote for it:

https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=83143
Thanks for contacting BGA and sharing their response. I would like to vote for your bug report, but the "Vote" icon is missing. Any suggestions?
anniegee

Post by anniegee »

by BoosPeople » 04 March 2024, 16:58

Thanks for contacting BGA and sharing their response. I would like to vote for your bug report, but the "Vote" icon is missing. Any suggestions?

That may mean you have already voted for this? I did create the bug report 12 months ago.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”