Not able to use red cubes after last production round

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
wiwiwam

Not able to use red cubes after last production round

Post by wiwiwam »

https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=440548338

During my last production, the blue production, I finished a blue card, earning a building bonus of 2 krystallium/red cubes. But i didn’t have the change to use them on the last card, because the game ends after the cards are build and building bonusses are earned. Is this a bug, or is there a way to explain this by the rules? What are your opinions?
Kayvon

Re: Not able to use red cubes after last production round

Post by Kayvon »

You can spend them the same phase in which you earn them.

The rules say you place cubes when produced. There is no extra placement phase after the final production phase, so this is not a bug.
Last edited by Kayvon on 23 February 2024, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
nightshifted

Post by nightshifted »

I think this is a bug. The rules say that once all of the spaces of a card under construction are filled, its construction is complete and to add the card to your empire. Since the BGA implementation doesn't seem to allow construction to trigger until all cubes are allocated, we don't get a chance to use any krystallium earned as a construction bonus.
Guudys

Post by Guudys »

Not true. When you allocate all the cubes to a card and that it is constructed, the instant "rewards" of that card are automatically available and added to your reserve, it can be financiers, generals of krystallium cubes. If you complete a card that yields krystallium cubes, you should look at your reserve, you'll notice the value in krystallium has increased. It isn't a bug. Maybe it's not very clear visually for some but it isn't a bug, that's coded properly. After more than 1000 solo games of IAWW, I'm yet to encounter a bug.
Gilmok

Post by Gilmok »

Maybe not this "bug" but I did face a similar issue. On any given turn if you don't produce a resource (and you have no crystallium) the game will not allow you to discard buildings for crystallium. I thought to wait until exploration (blue) production to discard my final buildings for a small point gain but the interface would not allow it because I wasn't producing any blue. Make sure you do any building discarding when you have the opportunity because the interface willl not give it to you unless you have production or crystallium to place.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

It's not a bug. It's not even a "bug". If you want to be prompted more often, just change your options in the game. There's a whole pull-down menu to choose from.
Gilmok

Post by Gilmok »

It absolutely is a bug. In the final round i forgot to place financiers to finish a building but because I produced no exploration the interface ddin't let me do anything. I have my drop down set to "When no action is possible" and the other two options are more restrictive. The last production of the last round needs to allow you to do things such as discard buildings and place personnel. Right now it only stops if you have production or crystallium to place.

I'm submitting it. On the final round you should be able to do things even if you do not produce exploration.

Edit: I added to an already existing report of this bug. Please upvote bug #101615 that describes this bug.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Thanks, Gilmok. Bug #101615 was posted, but the submitter never replied when information was requested so it was eventually closed.

With the information you've provided, I was able to determine that the game's logic was correctly consider your cubes and your red (but not blue!) tokens when figuring out if you could even build at all. The game will now keep the blue round tokens under consideration, so this particular issue has been fixed.

A quick note that the issue you've described (blue tokens only) is not the same as the thread issue (red cubes), which is still not a bug.

Return to “It's a Wonderful World”