A player is allowed only two move actions because of max 3 in hand rule

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Sjarmtrollet

A player is allowed only two move actions because of max 3 in hand rule

Post by Sjarmtrollet »

Citing the BGA how to play text: "The turn ends with a maximum of 3 cards in hand, avoiding the indefinite retention of cards. "
Yeah, but how is this going to happen? At the moment, it's enforced so that if you have spent two actions moving cards in the entire game, you HAVE to only play cards from your hands. No more moving stacks if you have 3 cards in hand. Even if you would end up with 3 by moving cards, then playing your 4th card.

Are we supposed to not be able to discard any cards from hand?
Sjarmtrollet

Re: A player is allowed only two move actions because of max 3 in hand rule

Post by Sjarmtrollet »

So I checked the original French rulebook on the designer's website.
Attention, à la fin de son tour, le joueur ne peut pas avoir plus de 3 cartes en main. A son tour, le joueur doit donc anticiper ses actions
et poser le nombre de carte(s) nécessaire, dans la zone de jeu.

Il devra également respecter ses 2 actions maximum possible car il est interdit de défausser des cartes !
Google-translated:
Please note, at the end of his turn, the player cannot have more than 3 cards in his hand. In turn, the player must therefore anticipate his actions and place the necessary number of card(s) in the playing area.

He must also respect his 2 maximum possible actions because it is forbidden to discard cards!
So this means you'll have to plan how to play your cards because discarding is not allowed. Still, the way the game is programmed is a bug, as I am not allowed to move a stack as my first action whenever I have three cards in hand.

Return to “L'Oracle B.A-BET”