How to see running tournaments I take part?

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Alex_tgiu

How to see running tournaments I take part?

Post by Alex_tgiu »

How can I see the tournaments I currently take part and which have already started?
I know, that I see the current standings of a tournament below a running game of it, but how do I get to the tournament page itself?
Freemind

Re: How to see running tournaments I take part?

Post by Freemind »

If you go into the tournament selection screen there is a button row which say:
* Planned * In progress * Finished * Show full tournaments
Here you should switch from Planned being checked, to "In Progress".
The once where you are part of should now be on the top.

If you have a game which is part of a tournament you can also reach the torunament page if you go to the table view (before you enter the game, click the BGA icon in the top left corner while inside the game to reach this screen), and then click the torunament name.
nairobiny

Post by nairobiny »

Vote for this bug if you think it ought to be easier than this!
Merrypaws

Post by Merrypaws »

It used (before the recent changes) to be possible to see them listed, as a record of registrations for tourneys, in the “Recent Activity” records accessed from the link on the user profile page, but that has been swapped for an empty dialogue box.

It would be good if that were brought back. It was clear and easy to use.
Alex_tgiu

Post by Alex_tgiu »

Thanks and yes, that's far from well implemented.
Arieya Lora

Post by Arieya Lora »

I have joined a couple real-time tournaments in the past week and was timed out both times. The time was unrealistic, aka 2 mins 30 seconds. But I was online at the time the tourney started and WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND MY TOURNAMENT GAMES!!!

Apparently there is this long winded search process in My Agenda and over the hill and through the woods process to get to your real-time tourney games that is just SO CUMBERSOME THAT ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO FOLLOW.

Why don't the tourney games show up in the normal games areas pop up at the top right of the page, like normal games do? Aren't tournament games also considered games too??? So why don't they show up in the same spot.

The implementation of the tourney non-real-time games show up in the games waiting pop up, why not real-time too? Real-time tourneys are SO IMPOSSIBLE to deal with that you should consider fixing them.

I'm a premium member and am really upset that this fairly EASY to fix issue has not been resolved and KEEPS impacting my Karma. I AM DONE WITH REAL TIME GAMES UNTIL YOU FIX THIS EGREGIOUS PROBLEM.
Merrypaws

Post by Merrypaws »

Merrypaws wrote: 08 January 2022, 22:57 It used (before the recent changes) to be possible to see them listed, as a record of registrations for tourneys, in the “Recent Activity” records accessed from the link on the user profile page, but that has been swapped for an empty dialogue box.

It would be good if that were brought back. It was clear and easy to use.
Now, with today’s (25/1/2022) it has been returned. Clear and easy to see again. Go to your Profile page and select “Recent Activity”.

Thank you, dear Developers. :)
OmeAnne

Post by OmeAnne »

But why can't I see them in My Agenda? I can see upcoming tournaments? Why not (have the option to) show the running tournaments there?
Sugar14

Post by Sugar14 »

I don't find looking under recent activity is the easy way to find out about tournaments I have registered for. I do find it fairly simple from the tournament page. The problem I do not find the tournament page easy to access. Could a link to the page be added to the "current tables" button? Or have a button at the top for tournaments, bonus if that button would default in showing my current in progress tournaments, planned and finished.
theAudsMustBeCrazy

Post by theAudsMustBeCrazy »

I see this question was posted a long time ago. The interface has changed a number of times, but a tournament page and its link are still hard to find. I have been looking a while. Kind of weird.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”