Where is an explanation of what a BGA tournament is?

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
flightsurg

Re: Where is an explanation of what a BGA tournament is?

Post by flightsurg »

This has all been great info! Thank you. I happen to agree with the OP in wondering how many more people would engage in tournament play if the “settings” were explained better.

@Meeplelowda’s input was helpful, especially:

“ Tournaments have a set amount of time for the entire match, not for each turn. If that time is reached, whoever used less time advances, even if no one was expelled.”

Good toknow, lol.

I thumbed the request for an FAQ as well,is there a way for a non-admin member who knows a lot about tournaments to submit a “SETTINGS” explanation? That seems that it would answer a lot of questions.

Thanks to the OP who asked a question that I’ve wondered about for a long time but never asked.
theAudsMustBeCrazy

Post by theAudsMustBeCrazy »

Cos- wrote: 27 January 2024, 01:00 Why isn't there some page on this site that is just an introduction to tournaments and explains what they are for people who've never seen or tried them? Or, if there is such a page, where is it and why is it so well hidden?
Totally agree!!!!

I'm in a tournament now, because I was invited, and I have no idea how to get to the page that shows the progress of the tournament. I've looked for about 15 min.

A long time ago, I was in a tourney and was able to see the progress/stats. Now why is it so hard to find such a page? Or, like was asked, some kind of landing page for tournaments with a little blurb on it and links to more details, how to start one, how to view progress of a tourney you're in, etc.
nik592

Post by nik592 »

Depending how long ago you joined, it should still be listed in your recent activity on your profile (I can see your record of joining Wingspan and Russian Railroads tournaments). If it's started and you're in a game for it, if you click the BGA logo from the table, it'll take you to the table view and on there will be a link to the tournament page. But yes, it could be easier to get to.
Mathew5000

Post by Mathew5000 »

theAudsMustBeCrazy wrote: 09 March 2024, 23:18I'm in a tournament now, because I was invited, and I have no idea how to get to the page that shows the progress of the tournament.
At your tournament table find the place in the upper left corner where it says the table #, move #, and progression in percent. To the left is the BGA logo, a type of cloud. Click on that cloud, to get to the table information page. Now look in the top section for the words "This game counts for tournament: ", followed by the tournament name. Click there on the tournament name, to get to the tournament page. Now scroll down all the way, to see standings and brackets. Above the standings, to the right of the word "Players", is a type of plus symbol. Click on that symbol to see further information.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”