Let Highly Rated Players (Strong & Above) Decide Whether A Specific Account Is Cheating The System

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
tichufan986

Let Highly Rated Players (Strong & Above) Decide Whether A Specific Account Is Cheating The System

Post by tichufan986 »

Who has the qualifications/credentials to decide whether a specific account for a game is cheating the system in some way?

Answer: Players in that game who are rated strong and above.

Therefore, decisions on such issues ought to be reversed and corrected if strong players and above agree to sign the following document.

We, the undersigned, as highly experienced strong players and experts and of this game have thoroughly reviewed this account (Account Name in Question) and the games they’ve played. We are 100% confident about our determination and conclude they did not cheat the system in any way.

(Strong Player #1)
(Strong Player #2)
(Expert Player #1)
(Expert Player #2)
f__c

Re: Let Highly Rated Players (Strong & Above) Decide Whether A Specific Account Is Cheating The System

Post by f__c »

Let me understand this topic better. Say I play a few games, manage to get over 300 rating, and become eligible to referee players. Then I lose a game, drop below 300 and with that, I have lost all competence to review a game and recognize that players break their straights or triplets to fill their partner's bomb? Who will referee the referees?
Anyway, what kind of cheating are we actually talking about? Cheating the game by illegally coordinating with the partner, or cheating the ranking by only playing a few (at best) partners against random opposition, usually beginners and then self-proclaim yourselves to be the elite?

Fighting in-game cheating is a 100% futile endeavor, because all it takes for cheaters upon being caught is to create a new account.
Fighting inflated rankings is equally useless, because you can't force anyone to queue for a random teams game, risk being paired with a beginner and lose a week's or even a month's worth of elo points in just one game. Lose two, and you'll go below 300 rating and can't referee anymore. Oh no!

The very thing, the majority of highest rated players on BGA (NB, not to be confused with:
tichufan986 wrote: 10 March 2024, 09:42 highly experienced strong players and experts and of this game
fear, is, in my opinion, actually the only way of combating cheaters - playing random teams. In over a 1000 games, no partner of mine ever messaged me to share anything related to the game. So perhaps it works.
Get the best of both worlds, keep your top 10 ranking account in the showcase, create another and play with us, mere mortals.

Return to “Tichu”