Poor sportsmanship

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
OxJabber

Poor sportsmanship

Post by OxJabber »

Why does Hearts bring out the worst in players? I've been told numerous times that I'm a bad player (usually by the person who is losing). Sure, there are some times when I'm playing to not be last, but usually the leader is way out in front.

I've also been moderated for calling someone a "bad loser" (not sure whether to bother contesting it) but after being sarcastically congratulated on giving them lots of points.
OxJabber

Re: Poor sportsmanship

Post by OxJabber »

And again.... I'm the one accused of "not cricket" when I've won the game, and the player who was in second comes equals third from my passing then Q then leading spades. The same players who complain when you try not to come last also complain when they do!
nicelady

Post by nicelady »

I agree. I play 5 other games and never get such rude comments. I have been criticized for not passing the right cards, throwing the Q when that's all I had, shooting the moon when that put me in 2nd rather than last, the list goes on and on. One player I played against was relentlessly picked on for taking too long and then they turned on me when I said, "ease up, we all know this is his first game!" All I can say is there are alot of heart players who don't have a heart!
Azulejoust

Post by Azulejoust »

I agree. During my first game, I was chastised for throwing the Queen to the wrong person. Like I was supposed to know who the right person was when it was my first time playing?
Robarkson

Post by Robarkson »

Multi-player games tend to lend themselves to this sort of misbehavior and even more so where a lot of information is hidden (such as everyone's hand cards). Weaker/newer players tend to be the worst because its easier for them to mistakenly feel like they are being targeted, or ganged up on.
Martin Whalley

Post by Martin Whalley »

Yes - I've met more obnoxious people in 9 plays of this game than my other 1000+ games of other games put together. It's bizarre.
snuggleskunk

Post by snuggleskunk »

Many many many years ago - back in the mists of internet time - I used to play Hearts on Yahoo games and what drove me away was exactly the sort of behaviour you're talking about. People shouting "you're doing it wrong". Was just browsing to see if Hearts on BGA might be better than it was on Yahoo 20 years ago but sounds like no.

Return to “Hearts”