OXONO: You never knew you (probably) like abstract games!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

OXONO: You never knew you (probably) like abstract games!

Post by DrClick »

The aim of the game? Line up 4 pieces of your color or 4 pieces with the same symbol.
Does it remind you of Connect 4? Yep. But is it deeper and better? Absolutely.

As is so often the case with Cosmoludo, the rules are simple and accessible, without losing interest or becoming simplistic. Our neurons are going to be hard at work trying to get this alignment right.

Both players start with all the tokens of one color.
To play, players move the totem of their choice as far as they want in a straight line. The totem cannot pass through a square already occupied, even if the following squares are empty. Then they place one of their tokens matching the symbol on the chosen totem on a square orthogonally adjacent to it.

All of the subtleties of the game will be understood from the very first game, and that is really nice. But be warned: it is quite addictive! Click below if you dare:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=oxono

And it's all thanks to the publishers team, the developer BLOIZO and the authorization from the game designer Jérémy Partinico, that you can enjoy this title on Board Game Arena. Let's celebrate this by playing more games...

...That's also why we feel like we should remind you of a few more titles from the same publisher that are also available on our platform:

YOXII:
Discover a powerful game, somewhere between the universe of Chess and Go, but not like either of them.
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=yoxii

and
HOKITO:
A pure and intense strategy game where you take your opponent’s towers in order to increase your own strength.
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=hokito

That's it for today. Let's celebrate the abstract genre and enjoy the pure joy of game mechanics.
See you next week, and until then...
Take care and play fair!
DeCante BGTT

Re: OXONO: You never knew you (probably) like abstract games!

Post by DeCante BGTT »

Flander's placement made me laugh this time.
AmassGamesYouTube

Post by AmassGamesYouTube »

Yes, Quattro!
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

Nice to see an abstract featured here. They don't get nearly enough love in my opinion. In general I mean, not from BGA, as this is actually a place where there are a lot of them. Easy rules, short setup and playing time, yet a lot of depth, what's not to like? I guess a lot of people value the visual aspect of a game too much to give abstracts a chance. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for games which look stunning, like Eclipse: Second Dawn for example. But in the end it's the gameplay that truly matters, and that is where a lot of abstracts really deliver as well.

Cosmoludo offers quite some good games. Especially Hokito is one I like a lot.
NLi10

Post by NLi10 »

I’d add https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=mijnlieff Mijnlieff to the abstract gems conversation too - this feels like the same kind of game to me!

Can never find similar level players for ML so probably worth spreading the good word.
twistoffate1

Post by twistoffate1 »

DeCante BGTT wrote: 13 March 2024, 14:46 Flander's placement made me laugh this time.
Stupid sexy piece-glasses Flanders watermark
StevenSafak

Post by StevenSafak »

Thank you love you
Dr Che

Post by Dr Che »

Please do Kamon too. It's so good!

Same genre, Passo. Also, so good!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”