Everyone plays for building building cards, should balance?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
pistefi

Everyone plays for building building cards, should balance?

Post by pistefi »

It gets soo boring, the games start and people go for building cards, the more you have the best, you wont need to think, just keep picking them and you will win.
When I realized players keep doing that, it gets boring, it is always the same, WDYT?
WanderingHero

Re: Everyone plays for building building cards, should balance?

Post by WanderingHero »

Agreed but in a deck building game people will invaribly look for and exploit an optimal strategy
Travis Hall

Post by Travis Hall »

I’m not a great Gizmos player, but I’ve learnt that simply buying build-triggered gizmos is not an ideal strategy. The first few of them is usually important (because otherwise you’ll be building only every second turn, and that is just too slow) but if you build too many build->pick and pick-> draw (the other important type for getting a fast engine up and running) gizmos, you wind up in a situation where you can’t spend enough of your pool, and many of your triggers get wasted because your pool is full.

And then you have to balance out your board with converters (so that you can spend more energy at once) and upgrades (to hold more energy). Without this, you either have to be very lucky, or you see the game out by building mostly level 1 gizmos. This often loses to somebody who doesn’t build 15 gizmos but does build one or more high-value level III.

File -> pick gizmos are not useless, but I think you have to mostly use them for researching high-value level III gizmos, or to mitigate the consequences of unlucky level I and II researches. Trying to use them to alternate filing and building of low-level gizmos is just too slow to use as a replacement for build triggers.
jasonred79

Post by jasonred79 »

They said build cards. Build > pick and build >victory points. You can easily win using just those 2. It’s hard to win without those two

Return to “Gizmos”