Always third ...why?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Gemolis79

Always third ...why?

Post by Gemolis79 »

No matter if I start a game or join a game I am always last which gives everyone else an advantage. So I joined and now I'm a member and that did not change anything. Why does the system always make me last to play.
bradyguy

Re: Always third ...why?

Post by bradyguy »

Well....you're saying "third", but then you're also saying "last".

So, I PRESUME you're playing only a 3-player game.

While third is not great in a four-player game...it's just fine in a 3-player game. In fact, many players believe it is the strongest spot.

Also...I DOUBT you're always third. Just seems improbable.

Keep playing...I'm sure you'll see it change.
euklid314

Re: Always third ...why?

Post by euklid314 »

Gemolis79 wrote: 17 March 2024, 02:09 No matter if I start a game or join a game I am always last which gives everyone else an advantage. So I joined and now I'm a member and that did not change anything. Why does the system always make me last to play.
I only checked your last 10 games and your starting position was 2,3,3,2,2,3,3,3,3,3. Since our human brain loves to recognize patterns you of course noticed that you were starting late in those 10 games. But in only 10 games that is simply rare but far from extraordinary.

The starting positions are awarded randomly and being premium or not does not have an influence.

You have already played over 150 games. If you believe that the starting sequence of the last 10 games has been the same also for the previous 140+ games then please check it and give a statistic (for at least 50 games, better 100).

Have fun!

Return to “Catan”