The tutorial is a buggy mess

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
FreeArt

The tutorial is a buggy mess

Post by FreeArt »

I've never complained about the board games added on BGA but that tutorial is trash-tier. It's so easy to break it. Instructions tell you to click on things but if you do, you break the tutorial and can only start over. I had to restart multiple times, attempting to pinpoint where I made an error. Upon overcoming one glitch, another surfaced a few clicks later. Thanks to the tutorial, I simply don't want to play the game anymore.
Tutorials that are buggy and untested should not be released for a non-beta game. Sharing only the rulebook would have been less insulting than this.

Rant over.
thoun

Re: The tutorial is a buggy mess

Post by thoun »

That's strange, it worked perfectly well for me! I would'nt have accepted it if I've seen it was all buggy.
Sorry about that. You can still read the rules, they are available on the game page in multiple languages.
richy81

Post by richy81 »

Fully agree, I was not able to complete the tutorial.
Majimahani

Post by Majimahani »

I actually had same problem during the tutorial. You have to follow the steps very very carefully to avoid bug, which put you in an irreversible situation. I always like the tutorials in BGA but lately sometimes I find those hard to follow.

Buy anyway, the work is appreciated.
Caer-Caveral

Post by Caer-Caveral »

Worked fine for me as well--made it all the way through. There were certain steps the creator of the tutorial performed automatically to avoid the bugs. That was explained whenever it happened in red. Maybe that was revised subsequent to your complaint, but it seemed a reasonable accommodation.
Tzinacantli

Post by Tzinacantli »

I got stuck in the tutorial as well. I restarted it and tried to follow the instructions very carefully, yet still couldn't complete it.

Just a note that tutorials are usually volunteer-made, and Nekonyancer's tutorials are always top tier for me.

Return to “Ancient Knowledge”