Tournaments FAQ

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
mrdoctor

Re: Tournaments FAQ

Post by mrdoctor »

philnewone wrote: 16 March 2024, 20:00
mrdoctor wrote: 16 March 2024, 18:58 You literally did ask me
I'm very sorry, I certainly didn't intend to ask you directly; other than the post here I only tried to follow the other suggestion in your profile, namely "posting a message where it says 'Recent Activity' on the main page of the tournament"; I'm sorry if I did that wrongly in some way and it ended up somehow being a direct question to you instead. I couldn't see any way to post a message under recent activity other than to comment on one of the existing posts.

Unless someone else understands what the +5 matches means, I suppose I will have to just stay out of the tournament and watch what happens so that I'll know in future (and then post the answer here for other people). But hopefully someone else will be able to tell me.
Right under where it says "recent activity" on the tournament page, there is a box to post messages. All those who've signed up can see it and post in it. You commented on the post about setting up the tournament, so only I would ever get a notification about it, or even see it unless someone was bizarrely scrolling through all the old activity log for that tournament.

I told you twice now what will happen, so here it is a third time: a 2x20-game swiss-system tournament, as per the settings listed on the page 👍.
philnewone

Post by philnewone »

mrdoctor wrote: 17 March 2024, 14:20
Right under where it says "recent activity" on the tournament page, there is a box to post messages. All those who've signed up can see it and post in it. You commented on the post about setting up the tournament, so only I would ever get a notification about it, or even see it unless someone was bizarrely scrolling through all the old activity log for that tournament.

I told you twice now what will happen, so here it is a third time: a 2x20-game swiss-system tournament, as per the settings listed on the page 👍.
Thank you very much for the information. A box that can only be seen by those who have signed up would have been no use, even if I had known about it, as the Tournaments FAQ says that it is very important to check BEFORE you join that you will be available for all the matches, and that is what I was trying to check because I would not have been available for 5 matches at once. It's a shame that the information you've given me isn't in the FAQ, but thank you very much for helping me and I'm sorry that I was so ignorant as to accidentally ask you to.

Just in case anyone reads this who is also concerned about the indication that appears on tournament pages that there are "+ n matches" at the time of the tournament draw, I'll mention that in this case at least it did not mean that people would be playing 5 matches at once. Actually many more than 5 matches started at the time of the tournament draw, but each participant was only involved in one of them. I still haven't deduced what 5 matches it was talking about (I suppose it's conceivable that each participant will end up playing 5 matches altogether in the first stage; I'll try to keep an eye on the tournament to check).
mrdoctor

Post by mrdoctor »

philnewone wrote: 18 March 2024, 11:56
Just in case anyone reads this who is also concerned about the indication that appears on tournament pages that there are "+ n matches" at the time of the tournament draw, I'll mention that in this case at least it did not mean that people would be playing 5 matches at once. Actually many more than 5 matches started at the time of the tournament draw, but each participant was only involved in one of them. I still haven't deduced what 5 matches it was talking about (I suppose it's conceivable that each participant will end up playing 5 matches altogether in the first stage; I'll try to keep an eye on the tournament to check).
As per my previous 3 responses, the first-stage will be 20 swiss-system games. Ie. each participant will play 20 games, one after each other:
mrdoctor wrote: 17 March 2024, 14:20 I told you twice now what will happen, so here it is a third time: a 2x20-game swiss-system tournament, as per the settings listed on the page 👍.
As per the main tournament page, it states:
Stage 1 - Swiss system
Number of matches - 20 matches
In future - just sign up to a tournament to be able to see and post in the comments box on the wall so all participants can reply. You can de-register from a tournament with no penalty if you do if before it actually starts.
frodobolseiro

Post by frodobolseiro »

Question, when creating a tournament I can choose "playing hours". Is the "time range" in my timezone or BGA timezone? And if it's in BGA timezone, what's his timezone in GMT?

Thanks
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

frodobolseiro wrote: 29 March 2024, 05:18 Question, when creating a tournament I can choose "playing hours". Is the "time range" in my timezone or BGA timezone? And if it's in BGA timezone, what's his timezone in GMT?

Thanks
It's your timezone.
alexyasha

Post by alexyasha »

Someone got booted from my game in this tournament so everyone else finished in first. Why am I not moving forward in the tournament while the other players are? I finished with the most points, shouldn't that rank out who goes forward?

https://boardgamearena.com/10/wingspan?table=492605180
menettm

Post by menettm »

alexyasha wrote: 15 April 2024, 21:03 Someone got booted from my game in this tournament so everyone else finished in first. Why am I not moving forward in the tournament while the other players are? I finished with the most points, shouldn't that rank out who goes forward?

https://boardgamearena.com/10/wingspan?table=492605180
I suppose like the game didn't go to the end, then the points in it are not taken in account.
Like there are 3 winners and only 2 must only be qualified for next step, the age in BGA is looked and I suppose you are the "younger"!
I have the same problem after 1 year of a TTR tournament in a game where a player has never played, I was disqualified. I was the player with the biggest ELO and an opportunity to win this tournament but like I was the "younger" in the BGA database, I was expulsed.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”