Is the Final Game More Than This

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Artymysia

Is the Final Game More Than This

Post by Artymysia »

I know this is only the BETA, but the final game, once released, has to be more than this right? When I playtested it in person way back, I recall the creator stating that there were plans to flesh the game out a bit more; or at least I hope so. I feel the end-game trigger to be pretty simplistic, making the game pretty straight-forward. It's more of a race right now to finish a column, and rarely ever a boon to finish rows (ancillary right now).

I feel end game bonus tiles would totally flesh the game out more, and add more variety and nuance. Does anyone know if this is the plan for the final printed version?
jmero

Re: Is the Final Game More Than This

Post by jmero »

The BGA implementation covers the base game. However there is an expansion (that's included for backing the kickstarter) that introduces a solo mode as well as a number of modules that flesh out the game.
"Assistants" Modular Expansion
Each player recruits a friendly assistant, gaining a once-per-game asymmetric player power!

"Equipment" Modular Expansion
A good glassworks is always innovating! Each player gains equipment to provide unique scoring bonuses.

"Lake Diving" Modular Expansion
Gain a lucky glass shape, making it more effective at drafting from the river.

"Orders From Afar" Modular Expansion
Orders! With this expansion, intentionally put specific pieces in your overflow to gain bonus VP.

"River Treasures" Modular Expansion
Gain bonus VP for every “Treasured Shape” piece in your shop at the end of the game!

"Flooded Market" Modular Expansion
A color of glass has flooded market! Try to avoid gathering it to score bonus points.

Return to “River Valley Glassworks”