Undo action/turn

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
hartmol

Undo action/turn

Post by hartmol »

The game really needs an undo turn/action button so miss clicks and mistakes can be rectified
gamer42_au

Re: Undo action/turn

Post by gamer42_au »

Agreed - it can be very frustrating
matiska

Post by matiska »

Agree. Will this post reach right persons?
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

matiska wrote: 30 September 2023, 21:49 Will this post reach right persons?
No.

Creating a bug/suggestion report is the way. It still needs an active developer, though.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

This is more difficult than it sounds. Undo is not a box you check to just make it happen. On many games, it's the most complicated part of development and testing. Furthermore, once implemented, undo is is very bug prone and players frequently complain about it or request more functionality. As such, it's often avoided by game developers.

I understand it's a very highly requested feature, especially by those who don't appreciate the effort required to implement it. I would offer that BGA games are usually open for anyone to contribute to, so if you feel strongly about it you can add the feature yourself. I suspect, however, that the real ask is for someone to just volunteer dozens of hours of time to do it for you, which isn't entirely reasonable.

Return to “Caylus”