Do I have any control over the type of info my bga friends get posted on?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Welsh

Do I have any control over the type of info my bga friends get posted on?

Post by Welsh »

Hello fine bga people.

I don't need my bga friends to get notice on when i play or what i've played.... I like being able to find them, but I don't need them to get notice when i've played a game of yahtzee or can't stop...

i just removed a "friend" cause of it.

So when and what to friends get notice of my doing whatever into their feed.

thanks!
Meeplelowda

Re: Do I have any control over the type of info my bga friends get posted on?

Post by Meeplelowda »

Welsh wrote: 19 March 2024, 22:50 So when and what to friends get notice of my doing whatever into their feed.
Depending on what you mean by "feed," there's a home page feed that shows things like "Player X won Can't Stop for the first time" and "Player X is now friends with Player Y." Player X in both cases is someone on your friends list. Tournament finishing place is another thing in that feed. That's just off the top of my head from memory.

But they can also see if you are online currently playing )or searching for) a real-time game.

Anyone, friends or not, can see your games history from your profile page.

The only way to hide the stuff that feels stalkery is by unfriending them. The games history can't be blocked to my knowledge.
nik592

Post by nik592 »

Short answer, no. There's a bug/suggestion raised to have better privacy which you can vote for: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=17208 It does already have a lot votes and BGA don't seem to have done anything with it, but you can add your voice there.

That said, your friends don't get notified on each game you finish, only when you manage to win for the first time, or when you complete tournaments I believe. As noted, this information is available on your profile anyway, so even someone who is not your friend can see what you're doing/playing/etc.
Welsh

Post by Welsh »

Thank you both! Glad to have all info!

Return to “Discussions”