bots?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
kimalou

bots?

Post by kimalou »

are there bots on here? just played a game of splendor against what could only be a bot or a savant. or maybe I'm just really bad (or not too bright?). just curious. i've had other questionable experiences but again, I might just be bad at the game.
Silene

Re: bots?

Post by Silene »

What makes you think it's a bot? Was the thinking time strange or did they just play well and possibly used a strategy you didn't know yet?

High level Splendor is indeed a bit weird and not exactly what you would expect intuitively...
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
nik592

Re: bots?

Post by nik592 »

kimalou wrote: 26 March 2024, 03:23 are there bots on here? just played a game of splendor against what could only be a bot or a savant. or maybe I'm just really bad (or not too bright?). just curious. i've had other questionable experiences but again, I might just be bad at the game.
There are times when I play against players ranked significantly higher than me and it's obvious we are playing different games. In those games, I've learned it's better to stick to tables with players closer to my rank.

(Note that OP has made a comment in their profile that addresses some of their reasons for thinking it's a bot)

If you play nothing but one game 4 times a day, and it happens to suit the way you play, you can get good quickly. Additionally, Splendor exists in the real world, and digitally (on ***etc.). Just because they won their first game on BGA not that long ago doesn't mean that's the first game of Splendor they ever played.

*Moderator edit: please do not specifically name other gaming platforms

Return to “Discussions”