Got expelled from a game that never started.

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Holdenbj

Got expelled from a game that never started.

Post by Holdenbj »

This was very frustrating. I hit accept in a simple game (not arena) along with 2 other players. I see the click ticking on thec4th guy but I wait until it hits negative 2 minutes befire doing anything. ai had internet the whole time. I figure he isnt going to show so I hit the cancel game button. Nothing happens. I clise the window and reopen it. I see a message that *I* have been expelled. I hate to say it, but your interface is getting very shaky. Most times, cancel in Areana does nothing but kind of grey out. Then if I try and switch to Simple it tells me I am waiting on a game. Now this.

Oh and no bug report option? I guess they were getting to he to much?
Silene

Re: Got expelled from a game that never started.

Post by Silene »

Whenever something on BGA takes long: press F5 (or swipe down or whatever does refresh on your device)
Don't wait 3 minutes with trying that ;)
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

There's a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding here.
Holdenbj wrote: 25 March 2024, 23:44it hits negative 2 minutes befire doing anything
Yeah, that happens. It stinks. Just manually refresh the page if you've been waiting for 15 seconds and it'll work.
Holdenbj wrote: 25 March 2024, 23:44ai had internet the whole time
There's no AI to speak of.
Holdenbj wrote: 25 March 2024, 23:44your interface is getting very shaky
This is a user forum, so you're just conversing with other users. It's not so much our interface as the interface.
Holdenbj wrote: 25 March 2024, 23:44Most times, cancel in Areana does nothing but kind of grey out.
You cannot cancel out of arena games once they've found a match. It's not uncommon to find a match while you're thinking of hitting cancel and it may appear as though your request was ignored. In actuality, your cancellation request simply arrived too late.
Holdenbj wrote: 25 March 2024, 23:44Oh and no bug report option? I guess they were getting to he to much?
The bug is in the same place it always has been. Here's the link for your convenience:
https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
maveleo

Post by maveleo »

Kayvon wrote: 26 March 2024, 01:58 There's a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding here.
Holdenbj wrote: 25 March 2024, 23:44it hits negative 2 minutes befire doing anything
Yeah, that happens. It stinks. Just manually refresh the page if you've been waiting for 15 seconds and it'll work.
Holdenbj wrote: 25 March 2024, 23:44ai had internet the whole time
There's no AI to speak of.
Holdenbj wrote: 25 March 2024, 23:44your interface is getting very shaky
This is a user forum, so you're just conversing with other users. It's not so much our interface as the interface.
Holdenbj wrote: 25 March 2024, 23:44Most times, cancel in Areana does nothing but kind of grey out.
You cannot cancel out of arena games once they've found a match. It's not uncommon to find a match while you're thinking of hitting cancel and it may appear as though your request was ignored. In actuality, your cancellation request simply arrived too late.
Holdenbj wrote: 25 March 2024, 23:44Oh and no bug report option? I guess they were getting to he to much?
The bug is in the same place it always has been. Here's the link for your convenience:
https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Unfortunately it happens often. Don't think there's much that can be done but sometimes I noticed that an Arena match was somehow cancelled after being matched with an opponent. Maybe there is a way to verify the activity of the user before starting a game

Return to “Discussions”