Expansion Ideas and Board E

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ChiefPointThief

Expansion Ideas and Board E

Post by ChiefPointThief »

On the solo mode page there is a reference to board e. Will this board become available on bga and is it for multiplayer? Also it introduces rewards not seen on other boards. This game has lots of room to grow. I would be interested to hear any expansion ideas :)
DogEgg258

Re: Expansion Ideas and Board E

Post by DogEgg258 »

I've found the board image for Map E in bga so they might be added soon (not confirm).

https://x.boardgamearena.net/data/theme ... oard-5.jpg
Daddistracted

Post by Daddistracted »

It does seem like a lot that can be done with this game. I don't know about expansion, unless it is just additional crew with different skills, but some alternate rules are definately possible. I was thinking if you put a monkey next to or on top of another monkey, you have the usual choice to flip the other, but I think with a pair you could have the option to flip an opponent's placed card. Like turn back to a bomber to max them out, or take away squabbie or lookout.
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

If there are anymore boards created I would like to see one which limits the birds from being op.

I think a competitive mode would be nice. Each player takes turns selecting the reward at the top of each column. But the reward would have to match the size of the column. Ex. a column w/ 1 couldn't have a reward that a column w/ 5 would have like 5 coins.
danisthirty

Post by danisthirty »

One thing that is missing for Captain Flip compared to other games is interaction between players. Other than taking the map from each other it's pretty much a solo game, so the ability to flip tiles on other player's boards would feel like a big improvement, and add to the strategy as you'd be paying much more attention to how your opponents place their tiles. Trying to find extra gunners to take them over their limit is one way it would be useful, as is turning over their more valuable tiles to reduce their final score.

I also like the idea of introducing bonus points or effects for certain combinations of crew members. For example, if you place a Gunner in the same column or row as a Parrot then the Gunner shoots the Parrots and they get flipped. There could also be penalties applied, for example if you play a Navigator and you have no Cartographers (amazing how frequently this seems to happen in the early game!) then maybe you lose a coin (assuming you have any).
DoctorFianchetto

Post by DoctorFianchetto »

Great expansion ideas, particularly the ability to flip opponent's tiles. Perhaps when you complete a column you can flip an opponent's tile from the same column?

That type of mechanic introduces a whole new dimension of strategy.

Return to “Captain Flip”