How to look up moderation reports on BGA?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
ChiefPointThief

Re: How to look up moderation reports on BGA?

Post by ChiefPointThief »

silentProtest wrote: 10 January 2024, 15:36
Jellby wrote: 10 January 2024, 09:18 Don't you get anything in your profile?

In the past, after I reported some other player and a decision was taken, I could see a link to the report/decision in their profile. I assume this was not public and only I could see it. Maybe you can see something similar in your own profile (hopefully without the report, which should be anonymous).
Nope nothing - maybe the decision is annulled - thanks for your help.
(It is curious though how little information about that one can find through official channels)
I’ve been searching for these answers as well. I challenged all my moderations. I could see them at one point but then they disappeared after a couple months. So I’m assuming I was found innocent but never got any confirmation. My probation period said two yrs so I’m confused about the whole process. People w/ knowledge view these threads daily and never answer these questions. But my friend was just moderated. When I went to her page I could see all of her reports. Even the ones she was found not guilty. Which would go against what I assumed about reports that are no longer visible. These reports dated back a year as well.

I’m curious. Has anyone ever filed an appeal and had their punishment reduced in a timely manner?
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

ChiefPointThief wrote: 13 January 2024, 19:43
Jellby wrote: 10 January 2024, 09:18 Don't you get anything in your profile?

In the past, after I reported some other player and a decision was taken, I could see a link to the report/decision in their profile. I assume this was not public and only I could see it. Maybe you can see something similar in your own profile (hopefully without the report, which should be anonymous).
(It is curious though how little information about that one can find through official channels)
I’ve been searching for these answers as well. I challenged all my moderations. I could see them at one point but then they disappeared after a couple months. So I’m assuming I was found innocent but never got any confirmation. My probation period said two yrs so I’m confused about the whole process. People w/ knowledge view these threads daily and never answer these questions. But my friend was just moderated. When I went to her page I could see all of her reports. Even the ones she was found not guilty. Which would go against what I assumed about reports that are no longer visible. These reports dated back a year as well.

I’m curious. Has anyone ever filed an appeal and had their punishment reduced in a timely manner?
There are reports, with mod actions, AND there are reputation losses, based on leaving games and going overtime, which are saved and publicly visible for 60 days or so. Those a different things, in case you are confusing those.

Extra insight: Moderations leading to Karma loss are also visible under "These penalties last 60 days:"
Last edited by silentProtest on 13 January 2024, 19:53, edited 2 times in total.
ChiefPointThief

silentProtest wrote: 13 January 2024, 19:48

There are reports, with mod actions, AND there are reputation losses, based on leaving games, which are saved and publicly visable for 60 days or so. Those a different things, in case you are confusing those.
I understand the difference ;)
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

ChiefPointThief wrote: 13 January 2024, 19:50
silentProtest wrote: 13 January 2024, 19:48

There are reports, with mod actions, AND there are reputation losses, based on leaving games, which are saved and publicly visable for 60 days or so. Those a different things, in case you are confusing those.
I understand the difference ;)
Sorry, was too slow editing last post: Extra insight: Moderations leading to Karma loss are also visible under "These penalties last 60 days:"
ChiefPointThief

If someone is actively restricted you can view their reports under the reputation section on their page. Whether they were guilty or not guilty doesn’t matter. I’m uncertain why my reports where visible on my page after my restriction was over but my new educated guess is that it remains there if you challenge it until a verdict is made. I don’t know how you find out the verdict of your appeals. Also like you’ve mentioned clicking on your link only brings you to your most recent moderation.
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

follow up - if one got moderated that fast consecutively that the first or second moderation were never visable... how to look them up ??? O.o
(in the moderated link Ive posted there is only the last one. Also you have only to "understand and accept" the last one, not all of them ....)
tony97

Post by tony97 »

One more funny information to add. The moderations you get that only cost Karma, are not visable in that moderations segment, since that segment does not exist, until you get a moderation that restricts chat and all other communications ;) (then its visable by all, I guess)

Edit: moderations segment = "Reports:"
ChiefPointThief

tony97 wrote: 20 March 2024, 17:01 One more funny information to add. The moderations you get that only cost Karma, are not visable in that moderations segment, since that segment does not exist, until you get a moderation that restricts chat and all other communications ;) (then its visable by all, I guess)

Edit: moderations segment = "Reports:"
This is a issue I raised numerous times in the elo update thread because it is suppose to tackle cheating. It doesn't make any sense at all. People who are found guilty of playing with multiple accounts don't have it show in their report history at all. They also receive less of a karma hit than someone who is guilty of an insult. Furthermore, there are no warnings about playing with such players but people who receive reports for light insults get a warning. This policy is nonsensical and it is confusing why they are keeping it this way.

Return to “Discussions”