Turn timer seems generous

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ArgyleUltor

Turn timer seems generous

Post by ArgyleUltor »

I don't know if it is a beta thing, but the turn timer seems to be giving roughly 2 min per turn.
While there are some turns that need thought, the average turn should be a fair bit faster than that.

Also, love the game. And the implementation is buttery smooth compared to the asmodee app.
L-Roy

Re: Turn timer seems generous

Post by L-Roy »

Agreed. I would suggest a total amount of time to work with or else reduce the current time by 20-30%. Right now a player can literally go afk while his opponents wait with little to no consequence.
Ehrine

Post by Ehrine »

IIRC turn timers are a global BGA thing that game developers have very little ability to adjust
ArgyleUltor

Post by ArgyleUltor »

Maybe, but at 5 turns per generation and 10 generations, that game can take 2 hours per player. I hope there is some way to tune it down.
Grunman

Post by Grunman »

1:10 per move at faster settings are often not enough, especially in the late game with more calculation and effects.
So it can be cut, if you want lighning game. But medium and longer settings are supposed to stay as they are for other people.

Return to “Terraforming Mars”