Statistically improbable ELOs

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
sarasusan

Statistically improbable ELOs

Post by sarasusan »

I've noticed a number of Earth players whose statistics are highly unlikely, such as winning 90-95% of games. For instance, I was about to play someone in the top 10 who has only played 60 games, yet has won 54 of those. I know there are genuinely amazing gamers, but there are a lot of red flags to me about some of these players. Is there a way to report suspicion of these cases?
LKingdom

Re: Statistically improbable ELOs

Post by LKingdom »

I suggest you use you time learning to play better rather than harming top players.
Andrewsmile

Post by Andrewsmile »

I can actually shed some light on this, I was the number one Earth player for a few months when the game released and I was indeed hitting a 90% winrate- a big part of this was the general skill level of the game- not everyone "got it" and good players could win incredibly consistently against newer players, and doing this in 3 player games really boosted everyone's winrate. I almost only played 2 player but still maintained an >80% winrate and I imagine those more focused on 3 player easily got into the 90s. I can speak to BlueRadio's skill here, he was a phenomenal player back then and grinded out a high elo and stayed consistent. TLDR: skill issue
LKingdom

Post by LKingdom »

I think in many games there is this noob who thinks that better players are cheating.

Return to “Earth”