Newbie question on strategy for X-tokens

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Nekojin

Newbie question on strategy for X-tokens

Post by Nekojin »

Triggering the Sponsors card for money and break points - if I'm already going to trigger the Break, is it worth it to spend X-tokens to get more money? Does that change if I have the upgraded Sponsors card?
Monkeyunit

Re: Newbie question on strategy for X-tokens

Post by Monkeyunit »

Generally I would say no. And X token is worth more than 1 or 2 money ( with upgraded sponsor)
( the expansion makes this clear with the special action card that lets you sell or buy X tokens for 5 money each)

But as with most good games, there can always be situations where it is correct to spend tokens on it.
Easiest example is if you are already at the max 5 X tokens, so triggering break wouldnt give you a 6th. Might as well spend one.

Another situation could be if you exactly know how much money you need the next round for your build and/or animals action.
I would say this is more advanced and rare, because the new cards that get revealed during the break night cause you to change direction.

Return to “Ark Nova”