Arena Season 17: A Spring of Blooming Battles!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
stackey83

Re: Arena Season 17: A Spring of Blooming Battles!

Post by stackey83 »

I don't know how to achieve it but the pool of people voting on the formats needs to be wider or the options need to rotate more. Currently people who don't like a format of a game chosen for Arena don't play in arena so don't become gurus meaning their preferred mode doesn't get chosen next time.
CappaCappa

Post by CappaCappa »

Drag_Racer wrote: 09 April 2024, 17:49 Why hasn't Tichu arena mode reverted to 500pt games for this season?
:lol:
SimplicatusGames

Post by SimplicatusGames »

stackey83 wrote: 10 April 2024, 13:40 I don't know how to achieve it but the pool of people voting on the formats needs to be wider or the options need to rotate more. Currently people who don't like a format of a game chosen for Arena don't play in arena so don't become gurus meaning their preferred mode doesn't get chosen next time.
You don't have to play Arena games to become a guru. Regular single games are sufficient. The number of games needed to become a guru varies between games I think.
Our games make you think! https://Simplicatus.Games is an independent publisher and distributor of indie tabletop games.
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

There are also other factors outside of games played that doesn’t appear to be consistent for each game.
MasterMystery

Post by MasterMystery »

still no awards/xp?
MasterMystery

Post by MasterMystery »

Missing AWARDS for MARACAIBO top 2 in my case , award missing for all players it seams

Also TOP3/5 for Anachrony which should be awarded as it was also in season 14 with 50+ players
Wonderful Plays

Post by Wonderful Plays »

There is incorrect description of arena season for Terra Nova. Gurus voted on a slightly different one.

Should be:
Even season: 2p, Lucky Digger variant, Variable Turn Order
Odd season: 3p, Variable Turn Order

What we have:
Even season: 2p, Planner variant
Odd season: 3p w/o Planner variant
noogakl

Post by noogakl »

Would be nice to think about having different arena seasons for different player counts for popular games.

Specifically, I am thinking of Splendor, Ark Nova. The strategy changes significantly when going from 2 to 4 players.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”