Latest update

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Bishop55

Re: Latest update

Post by Bishop55 »

I whole heartedly agree, this update is terrible. May have some good things for more experienced players, but it's a dice game, let's not make it more than it is.

I won't be playing it much now, very clunky and cumbersome.
chapelier-fou53

Post by chapelier-fou53 »

the current version is very long and requires far too many clicks for each action
it's less intuitive.
it's only in English
Please restore the old version
Zelda Smith

Re: Latest update of backgammon

Post by Zelda Smith »

I've been assured by the "powers that be" that they are continuing to improve the game. I just hate it and it's the last one I play out of my favs, if I play it at all. I want the old version back. :x
Tom721

Post by Tom721 »

Great job, it takes all the improvements from the alpha backgammon game
It is easier, especially with the « one move option ».
Thank you very much for this job , it is now a real backgammon with Undo,Doubling cube…
tetrisz

Post by tetrisz »

Nice job with the doubling cube and the UNDO button, but I have one reflection with doubling, that the player who is 1 away to the score can't double after crawford game.
Boudica of Celtia

Post by Boudica of Celtia »

tetrisz wrote: 17 April 2024, 16:36 Nice job with the doubling cube and the UNDO button, but I have one reflection with doubling, that the player who is 1 away to the score can't double after crawford game.
Why should they want to?
euklid314

Post by euklid314 »

Boudica of Celtia wrote: 17 April 2024, 19:15
tetrisz wrote: 17 April 2024, 16:36 Nice job with the doubling cube and the UNDO button, but I have one reflection with doubling, that the player who is 1 away to the score can't double after crawford game.
Why should they want to?
I think tetrisz meant that the BGA implementation allows you to double even if you are only 1 point away. This is an incorrect implementation because doubling in this situation is an illegal move. In real life tournaments this in facts happens every now and then because you are stressed and do not pay attention. As soon as it is noticed it is undone by the arbiter - because doubling in such situations is illegal.

I filed a bug report back when it was beta game backgammonmatchplay but this is a minor bug. At the moment, one just needs to pay attention to not play such an illegal doubling move which only hurts yourself.
IgnatiusG

Post by IgnatiusG »

This upgrade is actually a downgrade, it's made the game a slog. The doubling cube and dice stats are nice, but not worth it when the game is now so slow and the Setup options are not even functional to allow players to turn off endless Confirm requests.
bubbaxis

Post by bubbaxis »

Match export in TXT format has disappeared!!
WelcometoGaryIndiana

Post by WelcometoGaryIndiana »

Suggestion for the Undo feature: Remove the Confirm requirement after each turn. You almost never undo, so why add the cumbersome step of having to confirm each and every time that you meant to do what you did? It doesn't make the Undo work any better. Just have an Undo button if you must, with no Confirm.

Return to “Backgammon”