why was this limited to RT play?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
GeraldineMerida

why was this limited to RT play?

Post by GeraldineMerida »

My friends and I played this game several times turn-based in alpha and enjoyed it.

When I went to start a new game, I found it's only available for RT play now. As we are in different timezones, that's not usually possible for us.

I see no reason to limit it: it worked perfectly fine TB, and could have been speeded up with the option of an alpha decision maker, rather than waiting for consensus, as has worked in some other co-op games.

Please reconsider.
gaming_alyxir

Re: why was this limited to RT play?

Post by gaming_alyxir »

Totally agree, I don't see how this game absolutely relies on RT I don't think you could cheat really,
, the infor to learn about all the squares is already in the game. I'm a busy SAHM, so I don't usually find time to sit through and play RT games anymore. It's not like this is timelines, which should be RT only but isn't.
nynkuhh

Post by nynkuhh »

I miss playing this game so much, I also can only play turnbased, but suddently this game not anymore?? Very sad
CNcls

Post by CNcls »

I agree with the above posters. PLEASE add back the turn-based option!

My sister and I otherwise love this game, but the timer (particularly on Day 2) makes us feel stressed out and under pressure! Please give us the option to disable it!
Meeple Mama

Post by Meeple Mama »

I agree, although this game has been so glitchy, if there were issues I’d rather it be turned off vs. freezing
at the end.

Return to “Word Traveler”