HEAT: Car Color? (Premium)

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Agrajag27

HEAT: Car Color? (Premium)

Post by Agrajag27 »

I'm a premium member and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get my preferred car color which causes all sorts of confusion when playing with friends as we all have our chosen colors (for years) and keep screwing up where we are, etc.

Is this not supported in Heat?
Tisaac

Re: HEAT: Car Color? (Premium)

Post by Tisaac »

Agrajag27 wrote: 19 April 2024, 17:09 I'm a premium member and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get my preferred car color which causes all sorts of confusion when playing with friends as we all have our chosen colors (for years) and keep screwing up where we are, etc.

Is this not supported in Heat?
Heat supports preffered colors, but has only a fixed set of car colors so if you preference is not one of these, you might get something quite different
Agrajag27

Post by Agrajag27 »

Tisaac wrote: 19 April 2024, 19:20 Heat supports preffered colors, but has only a fixed set of car colors so if you preference is not one of these, you might get something quite different
Under Preferences/Appearance I have BLUE selected, which is clearly a Heat color and if not blue then Cyan. However, I'm Orange in-game.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Agrajag27 wrote: 20 April 2024, 21:49
Tisaac wrote: 19 April 2024, 19:20 Heat supports preffered colors, but has only a fixed set of car colors so if you preference is not one of these, you might get something quite different
Under Preferences/Appearance I have BLUE selected, which is clearly a Heat color and if not blue then Cyan. However, I'm Orange in-game.
And no-one else in your table has blue/cyan as a preferred color ?
nik592

Post by nik592 »

Actually, I've noticed this recently in Planet Unknown. I'm currently in a 3p game where colours are yellow (me), blue and green. I am the only premium player at the table, and my preferred colour is red. I know red is a possibility, because this also happened in a 4p game (where again I was the only premium player) and another player was assigned red, which confused me when I was performing an action. I ended up setting the option I wanted for myself against the red player, which wasn't me.

ETA: There is a bug for Planet Unknown here: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=108210.

As to Heat, there is a bug report here: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=99347, but I suspect Tisaac knows about it. ;) I see their comments in there about matching colours being somewhat difficult, though I don't think that was my problem in Planet Unknown. Looking at the player's account, they're only playing solo games of Heat (with Legends), so I'm not sure if that makes a difference to choosing preferred player colours?
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

nik592 wrote: 21 April 2024, 04:10 Actually, I've noticed this recently in Planet Unknown. I'm currently in a 3p game where colours are yellow (me), blue and green. I am the only premium player at the table, and my preferred colour is red. I know red is a possibility, because this also happened in a 4p game (where again I was the only premium player) and another player was assigned red, which confused me when I was performing an action. I ended up setting the option I wanted for myself against the red player, which wasn't me.

ETA: There is a bug for Planet Unknown here: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=108210.

As to Heat, there is a bug report here: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=99347, but I suspect Tisaac knows about it. ;) I see their comments in there about matching colours being somewhat difficult, though I don't think that was my problem in Planet Unknown. Looking at the player's account, they're only playing solo games of Heat (with Legends), so I'm not sure if that makes a difference to choosing preferred player colours?
It does make a difference, there are not orange legend possible since that car color is from the extension. So if you play solo with six legends, you will get the orange car no matter what your preferences are
Agrajag27

Post by Agrajag27 »

Tisaac wrote: 20 April 2024, 22:23
90% of the time I'm playing Solo.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Agrajag27 wrote: 22 April 2024, 04:37
Tisaac wrote: 20 April 2024, 22:23
90% of the time I'm playing Solo.
Then please read my previous answer

Return to “Discussions”