I was kicked out - for what?

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
bergerOUS

I was kicked out - for what?

Post by bergerOUS »

Hi,
is there anybody out there, who can explain why I was kicked out of a tournament and got a time penalty?
https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=495076388
I understand the rules but why did my time droped to zero at the end of game?
Kind regards
bergerOUS
menettm

Re: I was kicked out - for what?

Post by menettm »

At Move 338 : Typhlosaurus is out of time, so sparkhunter008 skips his/her turn. So he loses.
The 3 others win.
But in your tournament, only the 2 first are qualified.
To sort the 3 winers, the solution used is the olders registered in BGA are choosen.
Your registration is in 2023, the 2 others are 2022 and 2020.
So you lose. :(
bergerOUS

Post by bergerOUS »

OK - Thanks, that could be a reason...
But why is there a note, that the player with the fewest time to play will lose... I was on top before my time droped to zero.
menettm

Post by menettm »

I don’t know where you have seen "The player with the fewest time to play will lose".
But it is the case if the game ends because the defined time for this party has expired.
ErikLevin

Post by ErikLevin »

@menettm: The table page says "The game was abandoned automatically because the players did not manage to finish it before the next round of the tournament. The player with the most remaining thinking time wins the game."

But, this text label is wrong, in this case. It's funny, I recently discovered this quirk as well in a tournament so I know why it happens.
It happens when a player is expelled, but everyone else doesn't quit. When the round time runs out, the table gets this text, but in this case that text is wrong - a player quit, so the tiebreaker for that is used (oldest BGA account), not the tiebreaker for match running out of time (clock used).
bergerOUS

Post by bergerOUS »

OK thanks, next time I'll quit.
DoveBar2

Post by DoveBar2 »

I got kicked out of one for this too when I was winning and someone else ran out of time. But the remaining time left was the tie breaker not oldest BGA user since I was the oldest BGA user in the at game.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

DoveBar2 wrote: 18 April 2024, 22:46 I got kicked out of one for this too when I was winning and someone else ran out of time. But the remaining time left was the tie breaker not oldest BGA user since I was the oldest BGA user in the at game.
When you say "someone else ran out of time," do you mean someone was actually expelled or that the maximum time for that round was reached. Those situations are handled differently.
Loupe13th

Post by Loupe13th »

I also one of victim, when the server slow it also made my tablet slow response but I still play without AFK and whenever my point ahead than others, they kick me out. This is so bad.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”