Join and Quit

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Nihilus

Join and Quit

Post by Nihilus »

More than any other game I play on BGA, Ticket To Ride players join and almost immediately quit the game that they JUST joined. It's always pre-game start so there's no penalty, which I think there should be a small one.

Why does this happen?
GrapeJuiceinaCan

Re: Join and Quit

Post by GrapeJuiceinaCan »

I always face this issue! As in, I am one of those players who join a game, then immediately quit, sometimes multiple times in a row for the same game.
I join a table, and if it was 3+ players I watch the seats getting filled, then suddenly "I" quit (the game quits by itself as if I left the table). I see my seat empty, and the chat log says that I left the table. If I was quick, and lucky, enough to grab my seat back it might quit again, and again, until it goes through and the game starts, or someone else would grab that seat before me.
I always assumed it was a feature to give preference to premium members, and I looked at the forum but only found this thread https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34559 where they assume that people are quitting willingly. It is really annoying, but I cannot complain since I'm using this site for free.
I would be interested to know if someone else is facing the same issue, or if there is a reasonable explanation.

PS: I mostly play TTR but I've faced this problem in other games as well.
MrsCoalFreak

Post by MrsCoalFreak »

I have experienced the same thing, where I join and then BGA says I quit the game but I don't understand how- I never left the page! Can be very frustrating. Worst on games like TTR and TTR:Europe with very fast moving tables. I don't have this issue on other games.
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

Possibly, the table creator is booting you for whatever reason and the log is misleading.

Return to “Ticket to Ride”