Latest update

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Remkar

Re: Latest update

Post by Remkar »

WelcometoGaryIndiana wrote: 21 April 2024, 01:51 Suggestion for the Undo feature: Remove the Confirm requirement after each turn. You almost never undo, so why add the cumbersome step of having to confirm each and every time that you meant to do what you did? It doesn't make the Undo work any better. Just have an Undo button if you must, with no Confirm.
Unless I'm misunderstanding you... how would you undo after your final checker move if your turn just ended with no confirm?

I assume the developer will eventually add an option to turn off confirm and/or let people add a timer to it when he has time, though, so I wouldn't worry too much.
BaconPotatoSalad

Post by BaconPotatoSalad »

Unfortunate new backgammon version ... if it ain't broken don't fix it. The old version was straight forward fast and fun. Unreal BGA changed to new slow version. I vote BS ( bull shit )
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

BaconPotatoSalad wrote: 23 April 2024, 22:55 Unfortunate new backgammon version ... if it ain't broken don't fix it. The old version was straight forward fast and fun. Unreal BGA changed to new slow version. I vote BS ( bull shit )
That's the thing, though, it WAS broken. It wasn't real backgammon.

Go look at the suggestions for the old backgammon. Around triple digit number of requests for things like multiple point matches, doubling cube, and the undo ability.

The developer paid attention to the requests and addressed all the major requests. We're lucky to have a VOLUNTEER developer willing to put in so much work to make the game better.

And, he's still working on fixing/adjusting things and decreasing the lag. The game works great for me (except for real time fast), and I'm extremely happy I finally get to play real backgammon on this site (I had given up on the single point version a while ago).
Hippity

Post by Hippity »

I just played a game of Backgammon for the first time in months. OMG I hate it.
I don't like the changes and won't be playing it anymore.

1. It's horrible having to confirm every move.
2. Why do you have to click on the chip in the bar? That's your first move if you want to come out.
3. It takes too much time now. It used to be a quick game to play for a few minutes.
4. Sending your move to the server takes too much time.
5. When the other player can't move, the ribbon telling me his roll, blocks my ability to see my roll, thus takes more time.
6. I never played with all of the other rules. I just want a straight forward basic game.
7. I'm sure the volunteer meant well, but he ruined a game that worked well and looked pretty.
KeithLangley

Post by KeithLangley »

I like the changes, it's good to have the proper backgammon rules with doubling. Without it we had half a game.

BUT... it is soooo slooow. Even a forced-move roll takes 20 seconds to process.

Return to “Backgammon”