EVOLUTION: Will you dare a win?

Board Game Arena Official announcements
clarkkent1337

Re: EVOLUTION: Will you dare a win?

Post by clarkkent1337 »

Nice game. But let's talk about the headline...
How do you actually ... dare ... a win?

I mean... I can dare to try a special strategy. and maybe that leads me to a win - or not.
But daring a win itself? What is the risk, that I take, if I dare a win? Maybe bad losers at the table, trying to do me any harm? So better not to win... It's an online game, after all, so... a shit storm? thousands of red thumbs, because I DARED... to win. :o - and with zero ELO, HOW DARE I!?

edit: okay. The moment I posted this, I saw it. It's Darwin, right?. Due to the subject of the game. Well... there must be better phrases out there...
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

clarkkent1337 wrote: 26 April 2024, 12:58 edit: okay. The moment I posted this, I saw it. It's Darwin, right?. Due to the subject of the game. Well... there must be better phrases out there...
It's a very forced pun, but I think that's what they were going for.

What Darwin pun do you propose as an alternative?
SeedyBee

Post by SeedyBee »

This is one I own that I bought specifically to play with my partner, who is an evolutionary biologist (she loves it).

A related anecdote I like to bring out is that I hear this game is a favourite of a professor of Evolutionary Biology at... Oxford, I think? Apparently likes to play it with students.

And genuinely, I feel that Evolution is a pretty great ecosystem simulator, besides just being a game. Especially if you learn and play it a few times with the same group- strategies become stronger and weaker based on how well other people have already cottoned onto them in previous games. (Arguably this would also be a great candidate for a Legacy game, but also it already almost feels like one.)
clarkkent1337

Post by clarkkent1337 »

Meeplelowda wrote: 26 April 2024, 21:41
clarkkent1337 wrote: 26 April 2024, 12:58 edit: okay. The moment I posted this, I saw it. It's Darwin, right?. Due to the subject of the game. Well... there must be better phrases out there...
It's a very forced pun, but I think that's what they were going for.

What Darwin pun do you propose as an alternative?
Is there a need for Darwin? It is not even part of the title...
Let's try something

Always hungry? We got the solution: Evo-lution.

Well, it has been a long day. My point is just that I think no pun is better than a bad one. But after all, its not THAT important to me, so keep on going the great work!
Stu_1977_SEmelb

Post by Stu_1977_SEmelb »

I never saw it. Only get it now thanks to you. 👍
force342

Post by force342 »

Great game, but i think there are bugs in carnivore eating. Often Is not possibile eat other species when them dont have specific defence. Please fix It.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

force342 wrote: 28 April 2024, 20:18 Great game, but i think there are bugs in carnivore eating. Often Is not possibile eat other species when them dont have specific defence. Please fix It.
Please post the link to the bug report you submitted.
adaddragonborn

Post by adaddragonborn »

This game is fantastic! be a predator
clarkkent1337

Post by clarkkent1337 »

force342 wrote: 28 April 2024, 20:18 Great game, but i think there are bugs in carnivore eating. Often Is not possibile eat other species when them dont have specific defence. Please fix It.
Interesting. And your predator was big enough, too? (must be bigger than prey)
lubiewdupe

Post by lubiewdupe »

Keithustus did you find new players in the app?

Return to “Official announcements [en]”