Bad experience

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Mimgreen

Bad experience

Post by Mimgreen »

If I didn't have the game and had played it countless times, I would play here and hate Hadrian's Wall.
My score always stays between 70 and 90 points, but here I can't get past 30. I don't understand. And no, I haven't been playing poorly or cheating.
Here I can't even make the combos that excite me so much in this game! There's something here that I can't explain, but I don't like it, and I won't play Hadrian's Wall on BGA again.
Dupey

Re: Bad experience

Post by Dupey »

I'm confused by your words. There isn't any significant difference between the online implementation and the board game.

The one major difference that I have spotted is that when I play against other players and they give me a soldier or resource, I can't undo my previous play to figure out how best to use them.

This usually isn't a costly difference, but could, realistically, change a few points of my score.
Mimgreen

Post by Mimgreen »

So I also got confused by the huge difference I felt in the gaming experience. But it is what it is.
Dupey

Post by Dupey »

Okay. I hope that you're still able to enjoy it or other games. I hope things work out for you.
Shoeby

Post by Shoeby »

Mimgreen wrote: 29 April 2024, 19:57 So I also got confused by the huge difference I felt in the gaming experience. But it is what it is.
Interesting, sorry to hear that you're having a bad time. When I play the physical copy usually the people I play with get stuck with Analysis Paralysis so bad, it can be a 2+ hour experience, and it's not really that fun because I'm usually twiddling my thumbs for 15 minutes while they do the finger dance on their player boards. Literally it looks like they're playing Dance Dance Revolution with their fingers because they're trying to min-max the sequence that gets them the best points. Invariably, they'll forget what finger started the whole chain reaction and so we wait for them to figure it out again.

With the online implementation it eliminates that AP, I show up, take my action, and if everyone else isn't ready I am not stuck at the table. When I first started playing on BGA, I sent a picture to my friends and they were like, "um, no." but after playing it IRL, they can't get enough of it on BGA.

Is there anything that you think could be done to improve the online experience?

Return to “Hadrian's Wall”