Why is no one playing Oxono anymore...?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
bossas

Why is no one playing Oxono anymore...?

Post by bossas »

It used to be that you could get a game in a few seconds, but nowadays it seems to be 15 mins+ (if you can be bothered to wait that long...)

Is that the normal pattern with new games?
Jellby

Re: Why is no one playing Oxono anymore...?

Post by Jellby »

I'm afraid so. There may be a short increase in popularity when a game first appears in beta, or when it's officially released, but after a while those who were looking for new games will find a different one and the game will be lost in the wide sea of available games.
bossas

Post by bossas »

Guess I'd better make some friends who enjoy it as much as I do ;)
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

bossas wrote: 05 May 2024, 08:19 Is that the normal pattern with new games?
Being on the front page when released is kinda like an ad. Once it falls off the first page, unless it's something like Ark Nova or Terraforming Mars, it fades into obscurity.

A similar thing happened with the abstract game "Insert" (now "Donuts"). Now you pretty much have to play it turn-based if you want to play at all.
antasatibal

Post by antasatibal »

the main reason to me is the fact that both games, Insert/Donuts & Oxono, are premium games, not available to all players then (creating a table is forbidden if you're not premium!) shame on them for accepting that
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

antasatibal wrote: 21 May 2024, 18:17 the main reason to me is the fact that both games, Insert/Donuts & Oxono, are premium games, not available to all players then (creating a table is forbidden if you're not premium!) shame on them for accepting that
Insert was not premium and was already seeing this problem before it was rebranded as Donuts. I once waited over 30 minutes for a game of Insert to start just out of curiosity to see how long it would take. I'm already seeing longer wait times for Mojo and it was just released a couple weeks ago...and is not premium.
Daddistracted

Post by Daddistracted »

It is a shame, I enjoy it and even made a version to play at home, although still not many people at home lay either. Happy to be added for those who like it. As it is always good to play a quick few games with someone.

Return to “Oxono”