Undo Button. Please?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
howie varez

Undo Button. Please?

Post by howie varez »

Hi,

I am in a game right now where I basically played my way out of it on the second turn by accidentally misclicking and not using my adrenaline space, thus missing a 6-space slipstream.

Most other games I have played on BGA have an undo option. This can be used until hidden information is revealed, and then back to that point.

Could we please get a button like that for Heat?

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by howie varez on 05 May 2024, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
RazorOz

Re: Undo Button. Please?

Post by RazorOz »

I agree with this, it's all too easy to get completely done over by a misclick, which is even more likely if playing on a mobile device, and these misclicks can often be devastating and game over. It should be like it is at Lost Ruins of Arnak, if you take an action that reveals a card it is final, otherwise there should be an undo button.
koss

Post by koss »

+++
Cardinalle

Post by Cardinalle »

1 million thumbs up!
Pleeeeeease, UNDO button is so much needed.
KatoriMotors

Post by KatoriMotors »

Completely agree. It's not super fun if you miss out on a crucial cooldown or slipstream because of accidentally pressing pass especially when nothing has yet changed about the game state except that you can no longer return to the game screen that allowed for the action you just accidentally skipped.
Suoivax

Post by Suoivax »

While I'm not against an undo button of some sort, there is one aspect of heat that an undo would potentially abuse.

Paying for screwing up the math.

In the physical game we don't let anyone fix their cards because "crap I added that up wrong" or "I forgot about the +1 heat tile"

Any undo feature would have to not let that kind of mistake be undone. Cause that's kinda the whole point of the game.
arrie1987

Post by arrie1987 »

Maybe a reminder is better then, when you click pass when a slipstream or adrenaline is still apllicable, that you get an "are you sure you want to pass, you can still do XXX" text or something like that.
howie varez

Post by howie varez »

Suoivax wrote: 06 May 2024, 12:24 While I'm not against an undo button of some sort, there is one aspect of heat that an undo would potentially abuse.

Paying for screwing up the math.

In the physical game we don't let anyone fix their cards because "crap I added that up wrong" or "I forgot about the +1 heat tile"

Any undo feature would have to not let that kind of mistake be undone. Cause that's kinda the whole point of the game.
You basically have an undo before everyone selects cards as it is set up now (the cancel button). You definitely shouldn't be able to undo after everyone has selected, as hidden information is revealed. It's more when you are leaving step 5 actions that you need an undo button.
KatoriMotors

Post by KatoriMotors »

Yeah, the situation suoivax is describing is something different. Nobody is asking for undo option for movement that has already happened, especially since that movement might have required random cards being revealed from the deck etc.

The issue with what the OP is describing is that that kind of accident would never happen in a physical game unless the player forgot that they had adrenaline available.
ReeG0dlevska

Post by ReeG0dlevska »

I agree, it's easy to misclick, esp on the phone

Return to “Heat: Pedal to the Metal”