BGA not fixing Wingspan bugs?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Annie____

BGA not fixing Wingspan bugs?

Post by Annie____ »

Guys,

I'm at my wit's end with a bug that's been occurring the last few months BGA seems to do nothing about. I 'Disconnect' from game at every move and need to hard refresh to continue AT EVERY GAME ACTION. I'm seriously thinking of quitting BGA which is a shame as I love playing with you guys.

It's an intermittent bug every ten games or so and nothing to do with issues my end (I work in tech). How long does it normally take BGA to fix bugs? I've reported it twice.

Anyone else experiencing this?
greenjacket124

Re: BGA not fixing Wingspan bugs?

Post by greenjacket124 »

Annie____ wrote: 14 May 2024, 12:01 Guys,

I'm at my wit's end with a bug that's been occurring the last few months BGA seems to do nothing about. I 'Disconnect' from game at every move and need to hard refresh to continue AT EVERY GAME ACTION. I'm seriously thinking of quitting BGA which is a shame as I love playing with you guys.

It's an intermittent bug every ten games or so and nothing to do with issues my end (I work in tech). How long does it normally take BGA to fix bugs? I've reported it twice.

Anyone else experiencing this?
1. That's not a Wingspan bug and has nothing to do with the game.
2. BGA itself is a bit slow to fix issues.
paramesis

Post by paramesis »

I am the single developer of the Wingspan implementation, which was done under contract with BGA. Any maintenance of the implementation is done by me without compensation, at my own volition and convenience, and sometimes to my own detriment (I turned down paid opportunities so I'd have time to work on last year's update). I get about 80 new bug reports a month, which I am monitoring for trends. Almost all of them are misunderstood rules or one off connectivity issues (thank you greenjacket124 for answering these, it will be very helpful when I go to close them). I see a few trends that warrant attention, but none of them are game breaking, and I will investigate and address them when I choose to do so.

For disconnection and related errors, if they are not consistently prompted by the same action in the same context, it is certain that the issue is with either the BGA game server or with the user's connection. Neither case is attributable to a bug within the scope of this implementation. Please do not submit duplicate reports.
Annie____

Post by Annie____ »

Thank you to those of you who replied. I appreciate there's a lot going on behind the scenes I probably don't understand so thank you for your responses. I'm sorry if I came off an inconsiderate, the game is amazing and it's just frustrating when it can't be played as designed. Thank you.
ZenVee

Post by ZenVee »

I've noticed a real bug that happens when you try to turn animations off. Migrator birds stop displaying the eggs on them, and also become unclickable about 80% of the time.

It would be nice to disable animations to speed up the game a bit, but I had to keep them on or refresh the page every time one of my birds migrates.

Return to “Wingspan”