Simultaneous harvests in Caverna

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
ErikLevin

Re: Simultaneous harvests in Caverna

Post by ErikLevin »

It is possible that thereisonlyone isn't aware that most game implementations are developed and maintained by unpaid volunteers. It's not very clear as a new user, you can easily get the impression that BGA staff is behind and responsible for all games implementations, leading to such misunderstandings.
thereisonlyone

Post by thereisonlyone »

Kayvon wrote: 28 April 2024, 17:40
thereisonlyone wrote: 26 April 2024, 06:49 And given that it'll make game A LOT more playable this work should start. It's pointless to wait for other players while there is no dependency in harvest. This is a horrible implementation, this is not a small problem that we can ignore.
Everyone agrees that this would be an improvement.

Just to clarify, are you saying that you'd like to implement the changes yourself? Or are you suggesting that someone else should do it for you? And also insulting the developer's "horrible implementation" while asking him to volunteer a dozen hours of free work?
:roll:
it is an horrible implementation. if people can't deal with feedback, they can just stop implementing/doing things - that's fine. I'm a premium sub to this platform - maybe they can consider hiring good developers instead of volunteers.

And yes, I'm a developer myself - if I had time I would implement this better. But I have a very busy work - I won't do it. I'm here to tell what's right and what's wrong + being a paying customer.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

thereisonlyone wrote: 22 May 2024, 20:45 I won't do it. I'm here to tell what's right and what's wrong
What a valuable service.

I'm also a premium member with a busy job. We can all agree that this would be a very nice improvement, but ridiculing the guy that you're hoping will do a dozen hours of unpaid work that you can, but won't, do... it's probably not a productive approach.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

thereisonlyone wrote: 22 May 2024, 20:45
Kayvon wrote: 28 April 2024, 17:40
thereisonlyone wrote: 26 April 2024, 06:49 And given that it'll make game A LOT more playable this work should start. It's pointless to wait for other players while there is no dependency in harvest. This is a horrible implementation, this is not a small problem that we can ignore.
Everyone agrees that this would be an improvement.

Just to clarify, are you saying that you'd like to implement the changes yourself? Or are you suggesting that someone else should do it for you? And also insulting the developer's "horrible implementation" while asking him to volunteer a dozen hours of free work?
:roll:
it is an horrible implementation. if people can't deal with feedback, they can just stop implementing/doing things - that's fine. I'm a premium sub to this platform - maybe they can consider hiring good developers instead of volunteers.

And yes, I'm a developer myself - if I had time I would implement this better. But I have a very busy work - I won't do it. I'm here to tell what's right and what's wrong + being a paying customer.
Again, dont play it then if it's horrible to play. No one is forcing you to play, that's fine.
And again, let me just remind you that we are actually discussing something that is NOT in the rulebook, so it's not even sure the publisher would be ok to have it like this on bga.
xate

Post by xate »

thereisonlyone wrote: 22 May 2024, 20:45

Please remember to keep your communication on BGA polite and constructive. We support our developers and are very grateful for the time and energy they spend implementing game adaptations, fixing bugs, and communicating with their player communities (whether volunteer or freelance). If you cannot construct your feedback in a manner that also shows this level of respect, we would kindly ask you not to post it at all (whether Premium or standard user).

Return to “Suggestions”