FLOWERS: A mandala game & CATAN updates!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Paulinevan3

Re: FLOWERS: A mandala game & CATAN updates!

Post by Paulinevan3 »

It would be nice if Catan automatically ignore trade offers if you don’t have what your opponent want.
Especially in turnbased..
often I come only for my firm based games, and I see a trade request for something I don’t have.

Somewhere else I played Catan online and i saw this. Perfect!
bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

Paulinevan3 wrote: 22 May 2024, 22:49 It would be nice if Catan automatically ignore trade offers if you don’t have what your opponent want.
Especially in turnbased..
If it did that automatically, that would implicitly reveal to your opponents what you don't have, which is information that they could exploit.

So if players want this behaviour, they have to configure it for themselves via their trading preferences.

What I think would have been nice, though, is if they'd released this expansion after fixing its many reported bugs...
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
Klingon Karl

Post by Klingon Karl »

Catweazle01 wrote: 22 May 2024, 16:20 What means the selection-option "Knight errant" ?
What happens there?
I believe that's where an active knight has the ability to chase away the robber before you roll the dice on your turn (at least that's what Mr Google suggests it means). Don't quote me. Ok, you can quote me, but I might be wrong.
Jontia

Post by Jontia »

Is there any chance of getting Catan and Cities and Knights separated into different games rather than delivered as an expansion?

The two games play totally different and while I like both, it is going to be a bit cumbersome shifting preferences back and forth to queue up for each one when I'm specifically looking for one or the other.
corgi in tights

Post by corgi in tights »

HYPE FOR CATAN
bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

Jontia wrote: 23 May 2024, 11:22 Is there any chance of getting Catan and Cities and Knights separated into different games rather than delivered as an expansion?

The two games play totally different and while I like both, it is going to be a bit cumbersome shifting preferences back and forth to queue up for each one when I'm specifically looking for one or the other.
This would be ideal for all games and their expansions, but, to my knowledge, BGA has never done this. But if you create a suggestion for it, I'd upvote it. :-)
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
Germanicus Maximus

Post by Germanicus Maximus »

Need a patch crew on Catan. You shouldn't need to be told.
djfraggle

Post by djfraggle »

Can confirm an earlier comment - something is broken with dice rolling since this update. A 7 now seems to be rolled automatically whenever someone has more than 7 resources.
TheRamon

Post by TheRamon »

Anyone else not getting the BONG sound effect when 7 is rolled on standard CATAN... also the dice roll animation is all wonky now .. oh and the resource counter is updated BEFORE the animation of resource coming into the counter is completed.... this are minor, yet annoying flaws that are new since the update to an otherwise perfect port of the game!! Just talking standard CATAN here... not sure why they started with the most complex of the expansions... love me some SEAFARERS! Do that next!
LiamNZ

Post by LiamNZ »

Jontia wrote: 23 May 2024, 11:22 Is there any chance of getting Catan and Cities and Knights separated into different games rather than delivered as an expansion?

I really agree they are both good but should have there own Arenas and Elo otherwise you might think they are good in a Cities and Knights game but they have actually never played before and have only played the base game.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”