Need to talk to someone about Graphics

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
The Red Kite

Need to talk to someone about Graphics

Post by The Red Kite »

Hello

I assigned myself a licence to develop a game in Jan 2024. Four months later, the game is almost complete. It's playable, using test users, but the graphics are hand made (and a bit clunky). :D

I just need to work through the Alpha Requirements checklist to ensure I meet the Alpha entry standards.

One thing that I don't have is the official graphics from the Game Publisher. I requested them when I adopted the project but I have heard nothing in response. Can someone please direct message me so that I can send a "shopping list" of the graphics I desire?

The FAQ page that leads to the Contact Us doesn't really have a link for "Graphics Request". Hence why I am asking here.

Thanks in Advance

Neil
CitadelUK

Re: Need to talk to someone about Graphics

Post by CitadelUK »

Did you do an Art Request from BoardGameArena or directly contact the publisher? I would try to directly contact the publisher via their website email or contact form. Possibly follow up via something like BoardGameGeek, if you don't hear back after a week or so (a lot of publishers emails sadly get blocked as spam, not even getting to your spam folder).

You can go to Private Alpha without official graphics (possibly Public Alpha too). I think it is only Public Alpha to Beta transition where you need publisher approval (and usually the real graphics). Though I wouldn't push to public alpha without publisher approval.

I've found out the hard way on the first two games I worked on that it's not a good idea to start working on games without publisher contact and enthusiastic approval for you to adapt their game.
The Red Kite

Post by The Red Kite »

Hi!

I think you speak sense (with respect to having the graphics and publisher support up front). Hopefully I will still get it.

I am doing a fair amount of pre-alpha testing which is helping iron out bugs and usability.

On the plus side, I have learnt so much about the platform during my first project.
joezg

Post by joezg »

I will answer you on your art ticket.

I expect that I'll catch up on art requests soon and after that to be up to date with the,. Currently, there is a lot of unanswered art requests that I'm working on. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.

Return to “Developers”