Faroe Strategy

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ArchDevious

Faroe Strategy

Post by ArchDevious »

Faroe seems like the worst island to me. Despite strong bonuses it has very weak income, which is what most players like. It ends up turning into Baffin in all my games. Any tips for using Faroe? And in what scenario would you grab it over shetland/lofoten?
KeithHendricks

Re: Faroe Strategy

Post by KeithHendricks »

You should generally only take Faroe to prevent someone else from getting Baffin. And only if you have a solid path to filling it quickly. So you need a good center piece for it, as well as something for the left and right “boots”, right away. The only good thing about Faroe is all the bonuses, and you want to start getting them as income right away.

That said, there are some players who do well with this island by taking it early. They are not the norm, however. As for myself, I have only taken it in round 3 to prevent someone from getting Baffin in round 4. Usually I also have good occupation cards that could help fill it quicker, like Chronicler or Linseed Oil Presser.

Return to “A Feast for Odin”