Has anyone completed two boxes on round 1?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
MasterMar

Has anyone completed two boxes on round 1?

Post by MasterMar »

I played a recent game where the winner completed 15 squares on round 1, including one complete box. So I wondered about something: I think it’s technically possible, but highly unlikely, to complete two boxes in round 1, if the boxes contain almost exclusively number bonuses. You would need really good luck. Has anyone pulled this off?
Notello

Re: Has anyone completed two boxes on round 1?

Post by Notello »

You need at least one of the two boxes showing all 6 rewards as numbers (or Jokers, i.e. ?-symbol). The other one should have at least 3 of them.
The left box has "abc" in the upper line, "def" in the middle line and "ghi" in the bottom line, the right one ABC, DEF and GHI.

It could work with the following seqence:
1. a
2. b
3. c + d (d is the reward for the upper completed line)
4. e
5. f + A (A is the reward for the completed line in the middle and is marked in the right Box)
6. g + B (B is the reward for the leftmost column)
7. h + C (C ist the reward for the middle column) + i (i is the reward for the upper line in the right box which was completed with C - the first box is now completed and you get two other rewards) + D + E (those are these two rewards)
8. F + G (reward for the middle line in the right box which completes its leftmost column) + H (reward for the G-move completing another column) + I (reward for the H-move completing the middle column in the second box - if this box has more than 3 rewards)

As the second box has been completes with move #8, you still have two rewards (bottom line and right column in this box - if this box has the maximum of 6 rewards). You can use them for marking the the first two spaces in your third box. With another X suitable to these marks (in move #9) you could get another reward which should be the maximum of two completed boxes plus 4 marks in the third one.

I cannot check if this theoretical scenario is possible with the existing boxes in this game. And I am not sure if you have enough bolts to manage the problem that there are maximum two equal numbers in the 9-cards-deck of this round (maybe this isn´t any problem at all!). To check both questions you need someone having the game in RL.

Nice dice and (VERY VERY) good luck!
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Notello wrote: 23 May 2024, 20:01 You need at least one of the two boxes showing all 6 rewards as numbers (or Jokers, i.e. ?-symbol). The other one should have at least 3 of them.
The left box has "abc" in the upper line, "def" in the middle line and "ghi" in the bottom line, the right one ABC, DEF and GHI.

It could work with the following seqence:
1. a
2. b
3. c + d (d is the reward for the upper completed line)
4. e
5. f + A (A is the reward for the completed line in the middle and is marked in the right Box)
6. g + B (B is the reward for the leftmost column)
7. h + C (C ist the reward for the middle column) + i (i is the reward for the upper line in the right box which was completed with C - the first box is now completed and you get two other rewards) + D + E (those are these two rewards)
8. F + G (reward for the middle line in the right box which completes its leftmost column) + H (reward for the G-move completing another column) + I (reward for the H-move completing the middle column in the second box - if this box has more than 3 rewards)

As the second box has been completes with move #8, you still have two rewards (bottom line and right column in this box - if this box has the maximum of 6 rewards). You can use them for marking the the first two spaces in your third box. With another X suitable to these marks (in move #9) you could get another reward which should be the maximum of two completed boxes plus 4 marks in the third one.

I cannot check if this theoretical scenario is possible with the existing boxes in this game. And I am not sure if you have enough bolts to manage the problem that there are maximum two equal numbers in the 9-cards-deck of this round (maybe this isn´t any problem at all!). To check both questions you need someone having the game in RL.

Nice dice and (VERY VERY) good luck!
In other words, you'd have to be super-mega lucky to pull it off?
MasterMar

Post by MasterMar »

However, unlike “miracle moves” in other games, this doesn’t make you much more likely to win, as you only ever get to complete six boxes in a whole game.

Return to “Super Mega Lucky Box”