Cities and Knights to be listed Separately from Catan

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Jontia

Cities and Knights to be listed Separately from Catan

Post by Jontia »

I'd like to suggest that Cities and Knights is listed as a different game to Catan. While obviously they're built on the same base, the game play in Cities and Knights is extensively expanded. The changes are not simple enhancements or minor extensions to game play such as many expansions offer these are quite fundamentally different games.

Even people who enjoy playing both, such as me, will want to know which one they are getting which invalidates the auto queueing features of the site.

The current delivery option means that you can never run an arena season for both at the same time. Indeed with the extended play time of C&K and given the way gurus are chosen it seems possible that C&K will never see Arena play, just like how 4p base game is locked out.
ufm

Re: Cities and Knights to be listed Separately from Catan

Post by ufm »

The publisher decides it, not BGA or the developer.
Jontia

Post by Jontia »

Is there a different forum to flag things up for Publishers?
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Jontia wrote: 27 May 2024, 14:24 Is there a different forum to flag things up for Publishers?
Yes. This should be discussed in the Catan forum, not the general suggestions forum seeing as it is something specific to that game. This forum is for suggestions that would affect the entire site or all games.

For some games, the publisher actively follows the forum devoted to their game. Or the delevloper may see it and suggest ways to proceed, or share why they don't think it will be adopted. For example, sometimes people asked for things the delevloper already discussed with the publisher during development and the publisher rejected.
Jontia

Post by Jontia »

Awesome. Thank you.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Jontia wrote: 28 May 2024, 11:08 Awesome. Thank you.
Actually, I see that someone had already started a thread about this same issue in the Catan forum two days before this one.
Karo x

Post by Karo x »

Hello, can anybody please give me an advise on the question, how I can see the difference of open tables which play the basa game of Catan and them which play cities and knights .Before I chose a table I can`t see a difference between this two options on the open tables. My settings are set on the plain version, but I still get accepted for cities and knights, which is anoying for all, because I want to studie the rules, before I want to play it, but still like to play the basic version up to then.
I would be very grateful for help.
Thanks a lot.
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

Karo x wrote: 05 June 2024, 23:06 Hello, can anybody please give me an advise on the question, how I can see the difference of open tables which play the basa game of Catan and them which play cities and knights .Before I chose a table I can`t see a difference between this two options on the open tables. My settings are set on the plain version, but I still get accepted for cities and knights, which is anoying for all, because I want to studie the rules, before I want to play it, but still like to play the basic version up to then.
I would be very grateful for help.
Thanks a lot.
You have to use the old lobby for that.
One of the many reasons why the new lobby is bad.

To play a game through the old lobby, the easiest is to put the game as a favorite, click "play now" at the top of the screen, set the 3 drop downs near the top to what you want (likely "simple game", "real-time" or "turn-based" , "manual" ),find the game among your favorites and click blue box below it (it will either say "play" or show how many open tables their are).

Return to “Suggestions”