Co-op D&D theme on BGA?

General discussion on board games
jrmcvngtn

Co-op D&D theme on BGA?

Post by jrmcvngtn »

Hi all, I'm searching for a great co-op game with a D&D theme to play on BGA. I will be playing asynchronously with a group where it may take a day or so for fellow players to take their turns. Does anyone have any suggestions?
ufm

Re: Co-op D&D theme on BGA?

Post by ufm »

Even though D&D games are unlikely to be released on BGA due to the license issues, there are some co-op dungeon theme games on BGA:

- None Shall Pass!
- Mini Rogue
cigma

Post by cigma »

#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
Zozoken

Post by Zozoken »

jrmcvngtn wrote: 17 May 2024, 13:57 Hi all, I'm searching for a great co-op game with a D&D theme to play on BGA. I will be playing asynchronously with a group where it may take a day or so for fellow players to take their turns. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It sounds like you're looking for a game like Gloomhaven. There's no game like Gloomhaven on here, but there's a few games that scratch a similar itch.

First of all, you may have luck making a "campaign" with friends through the two Krosmaster games on here, Krosmaster Arena and Krosmaster Blast. They both play out exactly like a tactics RPG but in a board game format. It is not multiplayer but several friends could "control" a specific character on the good guys team or the bad guys team (both teams are made of several characters) and play out battles that way. Here's the link to those two games:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?ga ... asterarena
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?ga ... asterblast

Others have mentioned None Shall Pass, Mini Rogue, Tiny Epic Defenders, and Burgle Bros which are good suggestions. None Shall Pass has an older Final Fantasy feel to it and Burgle Bros has some nice teamwork mechanics if you can forgive the lack of a fantasy theme. Tiny Epic Defenders or Mini Rogue might be the closest you are looking for, but they are still not like Gloomhaven.

Hopefully you enjoy trying out all the games suggested. I hope these games are what you are looking for. Cheers!

Return to “Discuss about board games”