NEW YORK ZOO: I like to move it, move it!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
katmk

Re: NEW YORK ZOO: I like to move it, move it!

Post by katmk »

CascadeHush wrote: 07 May 2024, 01:29 "Designer Uwe Rosenberg is at his best!"

April fools was a month ago. Uwe Rosenberg at his best was Agricola (original edition)+Farmers of the Moors. Nothing came even close to that. This game is dismal IRL. It's possible that with some automation it might just be tolerable, but trying to manage all the bits at a table with real people was the worst board game experience of my life. Out of the several hundred games I've played across various tabletop gaming clubs (including some games I just did not like) this was the only time walked away from table mid game.

This game is a cynical cash grab and is one of many games to come out in recent years that mark the decline in our hobby. Like so many games coming out now, this is a product to be sold, not a game to be enjoyed.
This strikes me as very harsh. I completely agree that the management is fiddly, but my five year-old has the patience for it, so it's not insurmountable, and we regularly have perfectly pleasant 3 player games (with the added advantage that he likes to play with the little animals after!)

A digital implementation takes the fiddliness out (and helps keep the breeding rules straight) and as such, I think it's an interesting evolution of Patchwork that you can play with more people.
twistoffate1

Post by twistoffate1 »

DrClick wrote: 07 May 2024, 10:15
Der_Tim wrote: 06 May 2024, 13:35 Stupid, enormous Flanders!
(please tell me when to stop) :)
Please don't ;)
I actually would like to call for a stop by Der_Tim, on grounds of gimmick infringement.
In other words: *Homer voice* Heyyy! That's my line. :cry:

*also Homer voice* Ho ho, and add one sexy flaMINgoooo!
Stu_1977_SEmelb

Post by Stu_1977_SEmelb »

twistoffate1 wrote: 07 May 2024, 18:36 *also Homer voice* Ho ho, and add one sexy flaMINgoooo!
Do you mean: fluh-ming-oh-momo? :)
BaLi2801

Post by BaLi2801 »

Lilly-Fee wrote: 06 May 2024, 14:25 Man kann es auf tablet nicht spielen. Das ist zu groß und dann kleine Schritte bewegen. PLUS und minus wäre schon einmal eine hilfe abgesehen von den anderen fehlern. Warum wird so ein spiel veröffentlicht?
Ich habe es auf dem Smartphone gespielt. Ein bisschen fummelig aber machbar. Manchmal ließen sich die Gehegeteile nicht sofort passend ablegen. Dann hakte es etwas. Aber, eigentlich hat es recht gut geklappt.
Lilly-Fee

Post by Lilly-Fee »

Mein Fazit. Ich spiele es nicht.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”