Multi accounts in the Arena

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
D1EGO84

Multi accounts in the Arena

Post by D1EGO84 »

*Moderation Edit: please do not use the Forums to call out specific tables or players by name, this is what the Moderation Reports are for. The Forums should remain a general discussion.
OwnerOfTheIronThrone

Re: Multi accounts in the Arena

Post by OwnerOfTheIronThrone »

Is there anything in these accounts game history to suspect that?
D1EGO84

Post by D1EGO84 »

*Moderation Edit: please do not use the Forums to call out specific tables or players by name, this is what the Moderation Reports are for. The Forums should remain a general discussion.
Arrigo II

Post by Arrigo II »

Indeed it is difficult not to get suspicious when you see 4 such flags in the top 10, and several new accounts climbing lately.

Speaking in general, until now I think BGA has only given bans or penalties in case of match fixing, and I don't have reasons to believe there was any in this case. That should also answer OwnerOfTheIronThrone's question: it would be difficult to find any evidence of those accounts being owned by the same player by looking at the game history. A more accurate analysis of the games would be needed, but I honestly don't want to spend my time that way.

My opinion is that players using more than one account in the same Arena season of a game should be punished even without match fixing.
The reason is that having more than one account in the ranking allows the player to never play with the one having the highest ranking, and in such a way it becomes impossible to really fall in bad days as we other players do. Climbing the Arena is a game in itself, with a push-your-luck factor, and having more than one account means playing this game with different and easier rules.
(Personally I don't even like the push-your-luck element in the Arena, but this is not a fair way to avoid it. Let's try to find an alternative competitive format and let's propose it!)

Ufortunately this is not only a 7WD issue but a very widespread habit through the site, and I hope that BGA would take some action to hinder it sooner or later.
OwnerOfTheIronThrone

Post by OwnerOfTheIronThrone »

D1EGO84 wrote: 26 May 2024, 13:26 4 Vatican accounts with Chinese spoken language. the last account created corresponds to the last login of one of the accounts. It seems obvious to me. Then there are 2 Masca, both Italian and both banned, even the name is the same.
How do you know that's not a group of friends? When I checked it cought my eye too, even before I asked you about game history, but it's absurd to expect any actions based on that alone.
Arrigo II

Post by Arrigo II »

OwnerOfTheIronThrone wrote: 26 May 2024, 16:49
D1EGO84 wrote: 26 May 2024, 13:26 4 Vatican accounts with Chinese spoken language. the last account created corresponds to the last login of one of the accounts. It seems obvious to me. Then there are 2 Masca, both Italian and both banned, even the name is the same.
How do you know that's not a group of friends? When I checked it cought my eye too, even before I asked you about game history, but it's absurd to expect any actions based on that alone.
Sure, but BGA can check their IPs. Actually, with a trick that I learned from YouTube video (thanks Sam), even we can easily check that they play from the same IP. They could still be siblings or flatmates, but i deem that quite unlikely :D

But again, I think the main problem is BGA not enforcing any action about this, even though it is a very common issue throughout different games.
D1EGO84

Post by D1EGO84 »

I think a group of friends sign up together, not sign up when one has reached the top of the leaderboard. It seems obvious to me. Only a blind person or an accomplice can think that this is a normal situation. If you play a game from the same IP BGA reports it, so we know that he can see it. In the past an account won an Arena by blatantly cheating and despite the reports BGA limited itself to letting him win and reducing his rating to zero. I think it's time to do something.
D1EGO84

Post by D1EGO84 »

I checked as said by Arrigo II and I can assure you that they all play with the same IP.
D1EGO84

Post by D1EGO84 »

I noticed something very strange. The account that replied to me yesterday no longer exists on bga (it was present yesterday) while 2 out of 4 multi accounts I was referring to have magically changed their country of origin after my post.
winneringame

Post by winneringame »

我想你們是在討論我與我家人的帳號,而我本人有借用我家人的帳號在(七大奇蹟對決)的競技場中遊玩,並且將我與家人的帳號都進入到了該遊戲的前十名位置,那我想問的是,我有違反BGA的規定嗎? 假如BGA規定單一ip位置只能使用一個帳號,那可以,你就把我共同ip的帳號封鎖,但我家中每一隻帳號皆有贊助網站,請將我一直以來的贊助退還給我,如果BGA沒有這樣的規定,我想發文者與烏龜頭像的玩家該向我和我的家人道歉,因為我們毫無使用作弊之行為進行遊戲,你們可以去查閱我每一場競技場中的遊戲有無在相同ip位置,能達到這些帳號都排在競技場前幾名是我的實力所致,你們若有實力,可以自行增加實力搶奪排名,甚至剛好與我相遇對戰,如果你們實力勝過我,自然能從我手中拿走積分,不過在這之前,請你們向我與家人道歉,針對你們說我們使用作弊方式進行遊戲與查閱我個人隱私ip 位置的部份!

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”