Suggestion: mutiple elo ratings

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
tim_is_awesome

Suggestion: mutiple elo ratings

Post by tim_is_awesome »

I have noticed that there a lot of people who just want super fast games by making generally 3-4 or more player games into 2 player. I don't get it, but that is prevalent here. Take euchre as an example. There should not have even been an option for 2 player but there you go. My suggestion is for 2,3,4 player elo categories. So each game has multiple ratings for players. Your 2 player rating may be very high, but terrible when you play against more players. Should be relatively easy for display, but perhaps hard to track and require coding changes for the elo system in general. That may make this suggestion too hard to implement.
Lymon Flowers

Re: Suggestion: mutiple elo ratings

Post by Lymon Flowers »

Hello, this is not exactly the same but the "win %" displayed in your profile takes this into consideration. This is calculated based on the number of players in games you won. For instance, if you play only two-players games and you win half of them you will have a win % of 50%. If you play only three-players games and you win half of them you will get 75%. Which is also why you may have more than 100% if you win more often than not.
Jban

Re: Suggestion: mutiple elo ratings

Post by Jban »

Hi

I do support the suggestion, but for completely different reasons. My main game of preference in Through the Ages and it is very apparent in that game that the strategies for each of the games player-modes is completely different. So to some effect one might argue that you are just playing a different game.

I'm currently at a rating of 600 when solely playing 3 player games. If I had to assign myself a rating in playing 2-player games, I would assign myself a rating around 350. For 4 player, I'd say around 500. While I'm very aware of what I'm doing in 3 (and to some extent 4-player games) I'm completely going in blind in those 2 player games.

Also not saying this feature should be supported for every game, but for the range of games where the gameplay of higher player counts vs 1v1 changes so drastically that you have the idea you are playing another game. It would be a great addition.

Return to “Suggestions”