[Seeking Developers] CHAINS Disc Golf strategic movement game

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
CHAINSBoardGame

[Seeking Developers] CHAINS Disc Golf strategic movement game

Post by CHAINSBoardGame »

Hey everyone! I've designed a board game based around disc golf called CHAINS. It's a strategic movement game with a disc flight physics engine based in a fantasy forest!

The main mechanic is lining up a flight path token on top of a hexagon tile map, then having your disc token move along it, interacting with
- Obstacles, each with their own unique interactive properties
- Wind
- Ricochets

Promo video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agz7zfeFT2s

After successfully funding the game's production on Kickstarter, I'm seeking community development! I would love for the BGA community to be able to enjoy this unique game! While I'm not a developer, I'm techincally minded and am SUPER motivated to bring this to life as I'm on BGA regularly! I have a BGA License. Thank you so much for your help! Also, the game was previously created on Tabletop Simulator, so I should have no problem getting you the assets you need!

Cheers!

Instructions: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
edew

Re: [Seeking Developers] CHAINS Disc Golf strategic movement game

Post by edew »

I'm a web dev and would be able to help with this, would this be paid at all? Sorry im new here.
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

To be a web dev will not help, you have to know BGA framework.
It would be more correct before talking about salary to talk about skills.
edew

Post by edew »

You're right! I'm confident in my tech skills when it comes to frontend and backend but I am not familiar with this platform. My resume is available here: https://desir.dev am new to developing for this platform but the only thing that that would hinder is slightly longer development time, I am confident my previous skills can transfer very well.
CHAINSBoardGame

Thank you, Edew, for reaching out! And to Lunalol for your advice on how to proceed.

Edew, if you are interested in learning the BGA platform, I would be happy to work with you to get you that experience so that you can hold yourself out to other BGA clients with paid projects!

Let me know if you'd like to chat further; BGA is a wealth of exciting projects and talent! I can't wait to be a part of it.
arbocenc

Post by arbocenc »

Hi, I'm also a new BGArena developer. I'd like to take your mentoring offer if you are interested ;-)

My professional work is mainly working as Drupal / Moodle builder and I have experience with mysql, php, jquery, css, sass and html. I mostly work as a frontend and site builder but I'd like the backend (full-stack) challenge of porting games to Arena.
CHAINSBoardGame

Fantastic! I've sent you a direct message, hoping to connect soon!
arbocenc

Post by arbocenc »

I haven't received your message!! :-)

Return to “Developers”