Haggis contest !

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Haggis contest !

Post by sourisdudesert »

Indie Boards & Cards will give five copies of Haggis away to prove that you can be better at a game than the designer. To be eligible to win one of those copies you simply have to earn a higher ELO ranking in Haggis than Sean Ross on June 15th.

So get out and play!
Digitalpnk

Re: Haggis contest !

Post by Digitalpnk »

I wish i knew what my ELO ranking is :| . Damn I keep missing sean ross at tables ,how am i supposed to be better, if I haven't play him yet :) hehehe
Laszlosaurus

Post by Laszlosaurus »

Love the idea for this contest! Just the incentive I needed to expand my gaming repertoire (and get my girlfriend registered for BGA).

Thank you very much Sean Ross and Indie Boards and Cards—not only for creating Haggis, but for allowing BGA to promote it on this site. I'm pretty confident that I would not have come across it otherwise. All of my many board game purchases have been made after being introduced to them through friends, or playing them first at board game cafés. This time I'll be introducing the new game to them. Even if I can maintain my ranking through June 15th to win a copy, I think I'll have to buy a copy or two for friends. (I'll also rate Haggis on BGG and start a Wikipedia article for it. :D )

One question though about the contest conditions. When is the ELO snapshot taken that determines eligibility? 12:01 AM in France? 12:00 noon UTC? 23:59 Pacific Time? Would like to know the specific hour when the ELO counts.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Good point: the snapshot will be made at 12:00 GMT (14:00 CET).

Cheers,
Sourisdudesert
Alison

Post by Alison »

To be eligible to win one of those copies you simply have to earn a higher ELO ranking in Haggis than Sean Ross on June 15th.
So everyone with a higher ELO than him is in a random drawing for the 5 games? Not just the top 5 players I hope...

-Alison

P.S. - These will be signed copies, right? ;)
PeteZah

Post by PeteZah »

Yes, I have directly asked Sean yesterday, and he said me the 5 boxes will be given randomly to 5 players with a better ELO than him.
PeteZah
Sean Ross

Post by Sean Ross »

PeteZah wrote:Yes, I have directly asked Sean yesterday, and he said me the 5 boxes will be given randomly to 5 players with a better ELO than him.
To be clear, I said I believe that is what is happening. While I'm the target being used to set the entry criteria for the contest - which I didn't know about until it happened ( :shock:) - I'm not involved in running the contest so I can't say definitively what the publisher intended - only Travis can do that. I've asked him to clarify his intentions here, when he gets a chance.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Haggis contest is now closed: thank you all !

15 players have a better ELO than Sean Ross ... the name of the winners will be communicated soon !

Return to “Official announcements [en]”