cards language

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
cecio

cards language

Post by cecio »

why sometimes i see the cards in french and sometimes in spanish?
couldn't i have them always in english?
justheada

Re: cards language

Post by justheada »

There's a suggestion on the bug list about this - more or less. You can up vote it.
https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=41510
SarahofBorg

Re: cards language

Post by SarahofBorg »

I play on mobile and can't get the hovertext to come up. So I created this list of cards with the English description by looking through active games. Hopefully this helps! Let me know if I missed something or got a description wrong.

1. Airport: 3 fewer coins needed to purchase GREEN cards. Minimum price 0 coins!
2. Arcade: BEFORE each income phase, earn 2 coins if you still have money left.
3. Art Gallery: Duplicate the ability of your previous card. Its color is not copied.
4. Bakery: 2 coins for each GREEN card in your city.
5. Barber Shop: 3 coins if your income is strictly the lowest at the table (before this 3 coins).
6. Big Ben: Starting now, if you do not purchase a card on your turn earn 8 coins (instead of 1 coin).
7. Bowling Alley: 3 coins for each PURPLE card in your city.
8. Burger Joint: 2 Hearts if you have the most BLUE cards at game end. 2 Hearts in case of a tie. 1 Heart in all other cases.
9. Castle: Each time a neighbor spends 4 coins or more, take 1 coin from the bank.
10. Concert Arena: Take double your income immediately. At the end of the game, lose as many points as your total income.
11. Eiffel Tower: Receive 3 coins immediately for each BLUE card in your city.
12. Escape Game: 2 Income if you have the least (ties allowed) YELLOW cards.
13. Farmer’s Market: 1 coin for each [ heart + inhabitant] combo in your city. Example: 4 hearts and two people = 2 coins.
14. Go Kart Track: 2 Hearts. Each player (including you) immediately receives 1 coin.
15. Golden Gate Bridge: 1 heart and 1 inhabitant if 2 cards orthogonal to this bonus building (left, right, above, or below) are the same color. 2 heart and 1 inhabitant if there are three cards.
16. Great Pyramid: At the end of the game, duplicate the ability of a neighbor’s card (excluding special buildings) in the SAME relative position as this one. Its color is not duplicated.
17. Great Wall of China: 3 hearts if the next two cards in your city have the same suit. One heart otherwise.
18. Hotdog Stand: Starting now, you can purchase cards from the building supply for the lowest price of each deck, 1, 4, or 6.
19. Inca Temple: 3 hearts if you have the most GREEN cards at game’s end. 1 heart in all other cases.
20. Japanese Garden: At the end of the game, double your score if your total is less than 30 points.
21. Joke Store (Clown): Immediately earn 1 coin per card in your city (including this one).
22. Leaning Tower of Pisa: 1 heart for each of one neighbor’s YELLOW cards.
23. The Louvre: For the next 2 income phases, earn as much income as an opponent of your choice (in addition to your own income).
24. Machu Picchu: 1 inhabitant for each of your neighbor to the left’s ORANGE cards.
25. Moai Statue: At the end of the game, 2 hearts if you have a city with exactly 9 cards. 4 hearts if you have even fewer cards.
26. Parthenon: 4 inhabitants if you have no GREEN cards.
27. Pool Hall: 1 coin for each different color in your city, PRIOR to taking this card.
28. Port: 3 fewer coins needed to purchase BLUE cards. Minimum price 0 coins!
29. Red Square: 3 hearts if you have no ORANGE cards.
30. The Sphinx: At the end of the game: Copy the power of an opponent’s bonus building. Otherwise, you must copy a bonus building randomly taken from the box.
31. Taj Mahal: 3 hearts if you have a lower total income than your neighbors. 1 heart in all other cases.
32. Train Station: 3 fewer coins needed to purchase ORANGE cards. Minimum price 0 coins!
33. Statue of Liberty: 4 hearts, but discard the last card added to your city immediately and replace it with this one.
34. Stonehenge: 1 inhabitant for each of one neighbor’s BLUE cards.
35. Sushi Bar: 1 coin for each BLUE card in your city.
36. Underwater Tunnel: The very next card you take will be free.
37. Versailles Palace: AFTER each income phase, STEAL 1 coin from the opponent with the most coins (from all in case of a tie).
38. Wind Turbine: 1 Heart for each GREEN card in your city.

Return to “Happy City”