Hanabi's situation generator

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Sammy McSam

Re: Hanabi's situation generator

Post by Sammy McSam »

Hi Blacktango this is really nice, great work!

Some potential nice-to-have improvement ideas:
1. default order of standard Fireworks colours: r y g b w
2. auto-populate the configuration's currently selected Fireworks colours after INIT 3 / 4 PLAYERS
3. real info updates on changing known info?
4. validation e.g. I can set known info to 1r and real data to 2b on the same card. Is there some variant where that's valid?
5. label for wrench icon - looks like some customisation for the current generator, so i clicked it and then navigating back to the edit screen I found my edits were lost. Perhaps something that indicates 'old to new generator conversion'?
6. download image available from edit screen? 'Read only' doesn't communicate 'download image' to me
7. cards in hands can be reordered? (useful for multiple move-situations where all the cards in hands move)
8. further reduce downloaded file size? (Getting "the board attachment quota has been reached" error when trying to upload to forum threads).
Blacktango

Post by Blacktango »

Hey Sammy, thanks a lot for these suggestions!

I have a few questions:
1. Is there a standard order for the color? I don't know, which is why I chose the alphabetical order. But it could be a user preference.
2. Do you mean a setting to choose if it's 3 or 4 players (or even 2-5) when you load the homepage? I like this one!
3. This information can be different. For example, known R, but real M. With H-Group variant, there is the same thing with number clues.
4. Because of 3., this is not a simple feature, but it may be disabled by default and only available with standard color mode.
5. The label appears when you move the mouse over the icon if you are using a computer device. I need to check if there is enough space to add a label, even if you are using a smaller device (like a tablet).
6. I agree with this. It was meant to "force" the user to check the read-only mode before downloading the image, to make sure it is what they wante, but I wish there was a better way to do this.
7. Already on the todolist ;) It would probably be a <-> button between the cards, to avoid having too many buttons on the cards themselves.
8. As the forum says, it is not the image size but the number of images. I don't think the size matters (but I could be wrong).
Sammy McSam

Post by Sammy McSam »

1. I guess I'm viewing from a BGA perspective, so I am more familiar with BGA display order of colours. Also, rainbow colours are:
red orange yellow green blue indigo violet, so aesthetically it's nice to follow that order.
2. Not what i meant, but i like that idea too!
I actually meant instead of manually adding each firework colour on the left side of the page, to have it display the colours in use (determined by the current configuration) on clicking an INIT button.
3/4. No problem, it would be nice for standard mode, but then it would not be a good user experience if a user expects the validation to work switching from standard to another set.
5. If a hover text needs to be read to understand the icon, that label should probably be displayed at all times with (or instead of?) the icon.
Perhaps one of the icons here would better communicate url conversion: https://www.flaticon.com/search?word=refresh%20link ?
6. Perhaps change 'read only' to 'preview'? Then that also communicates that there is a step after preview to download.
7. Sounds good. How difficult would drag-and-drop be?
8. Ahhh ok that makes sense.

Return to “Hanabi”